Chapter 34: Another Side

Narrator's POV

A week passed. Lauren was recovering fast. Happiness and a positive mindset had taken part in her speedy recovery, and friends' support for sure. During the past week, Normani would visit her and make sure she was doing fine and got all she needed. She still had her left palm and wrist wrapped in a bandage and also her ankle, but overall she was doing fine. She returned to the office on Monday. She did not go to Camila's place on Saturday. 

Lauren thanked Camila for helping her with the car thing. She asked Lauren to meet Taylor to find out the details. She got her money back, Lucy got her part back, and Rob was taking responsibility. Taylor knew how to handle him. On the first week back to the office, Normani gave Lauren a ride. She picked her up every morning and drove her home every day. Camila did offer Lauren a ride, she could even arrange a car and a driver for her, but Lauren rejected it. She did not want to bother Camila further. Camila had done enough for her and She chose to go with her best friend.

The week passed by fast and it was Saturday. Camila agreed that Lauren came for the mentoring-learning session, with one condition Lauren would let Paul pick her up. She could drive on her own now but she had not got herself a new car.

"Thank you, Paul!" Lauren thanked Paul and got inside the house. Alice was welcoming her.

"Ms. Jauregui is here!" Alice announced Lauren's arrival to Mrs. Harris who was preparing the breakfast.

"Good morning, Mrs. Harris!"

"Good morning, Lauren! How are you doing? Is everything okay now?" She was looking at Lauren's leg and hand.

"I'm fine now." Lauren moved her hand and leg to show Mrs. Harris she was all good.

"Good, have a seat, please!" Mrs. Harris was preparing Lauren breakfast.

"Where's Camila... and Sofia, Mrs. Harris?" Lauren asked.

"Lauren...good morning!" Sofia entered the breakfast room and ran into Lauren. She hugged Lauren carefully. She was afraid she would hurt her hand or leg.

"Good morning, Sofi!"

"I missed you," Sofia said sitting down on her chair.

"I missed you, too. How is your holiday?"

"It's good. No school." She chuckled.

Lauren and Sofia talked about Sofia's summer holiday. She also asked Lauren about the accident. Lauren definitely did not tell her the details that there were bad guys chasing her. Camila joined fifteen minutes later and she seemed still sleepy.

They finished their breakfast and started the learning lesson in Camila's study room or workplace. Sofia was playing in her room. As it was still the summer holiday, she had her freedom to play as much as she wished. Camila did not restrict her and Sofia was a responsible kid. She did not miss her meals, she would swim, and went to bed at the agreed time which was later than when she had school. 

After the learning session, they had lunch together with Sofia. After finishing their lunch, Sofia made Lauren stayed for the movie. They watched a documentary about animals. During the movie, Lauren found out a new thing about Camila. She loved animals and she knew a lot of things about animals. She seldom talked but when came to animals she talked more. After the movie, Sofia had her afternoon nap and Lauren was leaving. Camila told Lauren that she wanted to give her a small tour of the east side of the mansion. Lauren did not reject it as she enjoyed spending time with Camila. During the tour, Camila skipped one big room.