Chapter 32: Taken Care Of

Narrator's POV

After Camila left Lauren's apartment, Lauren went to her bedroom to change into more comfortable clothes and refresh herself. It was three in the afternoon. She had to call Zayn asking about her car and Lucy. She also had not told Normani yet. She did not do it as she was tired and wanted a long sleep. She decided to call them on Monday. Lauren went to her room and fell asleep in less than five minutes.

Lauren woke up at nine in the evening, and she went to the kitchen to heat some food she had bought for dinner. She checked her phone and she did not see any messages. She was hoping Camila would text her. Little did she know, She missed Camila's presence. She was thinking of texting her but she did not. She did not want to be clingy. She was a little bored and she decided to watch a movie. She did not finish the movie and fell asleep on the sofa.

The next morning, Lauren woke up and did her usual routine. She texted Hailee and Ally, who already knew she had an accident, telling them she would work remotely from home. Ally and Hailee did not know the details of the accident, they just knew that Lauren stayed at the hospital for a day, and her arm and leg were injured. Ally was already back in New York since last week so Hailee would not get bored being alone in the office.

Lauren had a video call with Camila before they had their morning meeting with Ally.

Lauren: Good morning, Camila! (Lauren smiled happily like she did not have an accident)

Camila: Good morning, Lauren! How are you feeling? (Camila was doing the video call and reading a document at the same time)

Lauren: I am good.

Camila: (Camila smiled at her) Do you need any help with groceries or something? I'll send someone there.

Lauren: No, I am good. Thank you. Mrs. Oh, will help me with that.

Camila: Mrs. Oh? (Camila was thinking who Mrs. Oh was. Lauren had too many friends or 'friends')

Lauren: Yea, She regularly helps me with my apartment, cleaning, and stuff, especially when I am away.

Camila: Oh, okay.

Lauren: Camila

Camila: Yes?

Lauren: You did not have our session last Saturday. Do you want to have it on another day this week? (She also unconsciously wanted to spend more time with her boss)

Camila: Don't worry about that, Lauren. We can do it on Saturday or whenever when you get better.

Lauren: Okay, this Saturday is fine.

Camila: Okay? (Camila was not sure that Lauren would recover fully by Saturday and would be able to come to her place unless she took a taxi or someone gave her a ride)

Lauren: We can reconfirm on Friday.

Camila: Okay (Camila was busy with her papers)

Ally: Good morning! (Ally joined the video call.)

Camila and Lauren: Morning, Ally!

Ally: Lauren, I heard about the accident. How is it now? Do you feel better?

Lauren: It takes time to heal, Ally but I will be fine soon.