Chapter 21: Jealous. Astonished

Narrator's POV

Lauren was sitting in her office doing her work. Ally came to her.

"Lauren!"

"Yes, Ally!"

"Camila is invited to the charity event next Wednesday." Ally said, "It would be her first external event to attend. You want to accompany her or should I go? It's Wednesday..." Ally asked. She knew it was Lauren and Normani ladies' night at the club. Camila had not attended any business event or charity event either personal or on the behalf of Cabello Corp. It would be the first time and it would be challenging for her as she barely knew the people. As the CEO, the owner of Cabello Corp., and the daughter of Alejandro Cabello, it would be better she attended some events to get to know them the major player of the business.

"... you can go with her Ally, she will need you there," Lauren said. It was Wednesday. She had agreed with Scarlett two days ago that she would go to the Black Widow next week.

"Oh, Okay. Are you sure, you don't want to go?"

"No, Ally." Lauren smiled, "I would not mind for the internal events, but I think for the external events you should be the one who accompanies her instead of me." Ally was the executive assistant and Lauren was the mentor. Even though both of them knew those people, it would be better for Ally to accompany Camila as she was the executive assistant.

"Yes, true. Okay, I will let her know. Thank you, Lauren." 

"You're welcome, Ally." Ally left Lauren's office.

.

A week later, Lauren just arrived home from work at fifteen minutes to six. She was chilling on her balcony with a glass of ice water enjoying the city view in front of her. She would go to the club with Normani this evening. She was wondering when Scarlett would make a further move. Her phone went off and Ally was calling her.

Lauren: Hello, Ally!

Ally: Lauren, I need your help. (Ally sounded worried)

Lauren: Yes, Ally, tell me!

Ally: I can't accompany Camila to the event. Can you cover for me?

Lauren:... is everything okay? (Lauren was not sure. She has been thinking of spending her evening in the club, with her new fun, the owner of the club.)

Ally: My mom got into a car accident. I will take the first available flight to Texas.

Lauren: Sorry..., I hope she will be okay.

Ally: Yeah, she is in the ER now and my siblings were there. I will tell Camila that you will go with her. 

Lauren: Don't worry, Ally. I will call Camila. You go, take care of your things.

Ally: Thank you, Lauren.

Lauren: Don't worry. I am here if you need anything, okay?

Ally: yes, thank you. See you, Lauren. Bye

Lauren: See you, Ally, take care, bye.

.

Lauren dialed Camila's number.

Camila: Hello!