Chapter 26: Went After Her

Narrator's POV

Camila came out of the restroom and heading straight to the exit with Jason. She did not want to think and just wanted to get out of this club as soon as possible. Lauren was out of the restroom and looking for Camila. She spotted Camila and Jason heading to the exit way. She ran after her. It was useless to call her so Lauren did her best to reach them. Lauren did not know exactly what to say to Camila. She just knew she needed to go after her. She managed to reach Camila outside the club before she reached her car.

"Camila..." Lauren ran closer to her. Camila ignored Lauren and kept walking. Jason noticed but he did not stop as well. He knew something was up.

Lauren ran in front of Camila, "Camila..." Camila was blocked and tried to get away from Lauren walking to the other side. Lauren tried to keep the same pace with Camila again, "Camila..." she sounded begging her to stop.

Camila did not stop and try to walk faster, ignored Lauren who walked next to her and kept walking, but Lauren did not give up. Lauren was thinking about what to say while keeping her pace with Camila's. All of a sudden, Lauren got pushed away and got punched in the face, and fell off to the ground.

Jason stopped George, the new driver, who attacked Lauren. Camila was shocked as everything happened in the blink of an eye. She was panicked. She looked at Lauren who was getting up, "What the F*CK." Lauren who seldom cursed, cursed. The punch was quite hard and Lauren did not anticipate it. She didn't expect that George would hit her. George knew that Lauren was not a stranger. Lauren stood up going after George but Jason stopped her, "Lauren... Lauren..." Jason was holding her and prevented her from going after George. Jason was sure if she managed to get to George, he would end up in the hospital.

"George, go!" Jason instructed him who was ready to fight Lauren. "George!" Jason yelled at him. George finally retreated slowly.

Camila saw Lauren was bleeding. She got closer to Lauren, but she was confused about how to react. She was not happy finding out Lauren having sex with Scarlett in the restroom. Even though she might want to punch her at that time in the restroom but she did not like to see Lauren was punched by others and had a bleeding nose. Lauren looked at Camila and her anger was subsiding and Jason let Lauren go. "Are you okay?"

Lauren did not answer Jason. She tried to calm herself down. She looked at George angrily and then she looked at Camila helplessly. Lauren and Camila both were looking at each other but did not know what to say. Jason took out a napkin and gave it to Lauren. He was still watching Lauren and George.

Camila looked at George with her furious eyes. He knew straight away his day was doomed.

"I...." He was speechless. "I thought she was threatening you, Ms. Cabello." The young George tried to defend himself.

Camila closed her eyes. She was like counting to herself. She opened her eyes again and looked at George. She walked closer to him. It was written all over his face. George was scared, "What. is. Jason's job?" Camila asked George. Her voice was slow and threatening.

First, George did not get it. He looked at Jason who sighed and shook his head, and he looked back at Camila, "To... to protect you, Ms. Cabello."

"Is he here?" Camila asked again. Her voice was still slow and cold sounded challenging.

"Yes..., Ms. Cabello!"

"Do I need your answer?" Camila raised her voice suddenly.

"No..." Geroge shook his head. He was scared.