Chapter 44

Mosquito Head Village, 4:53 in the morning.

The sky is still dark, there is no moon, the sky is full of dark clouds at some time, the night is like thick ink, and there is not a single star to be found.

In the small village at night, it was as quiet as a deep sleep, only the sound of various insects and a slight wind could be heard. The morning light has not yet arrived, and it is the darkest time before dawn.

The little nurse Zhang Ying tremblingly locked the small window and walked back to the inner room from the pharmacy outside. A simple shadowless lamp was lit inside. Bandages and blood-stained gauze were scattered all over the ground, and the smell of blood and disinfectant was everywhere.

On the hospital bed in the back room, there was a man covered in blood and with a gloomy face. One of his hands was mutilated and his little finger was missing. The other hand held a knife tightly, holding the hostage in front of him. Glancing at this person, Zhang Ying hurriedly lowered her head and pulled her clothes in fear.

Zhang Ying hoped that people outside would see the words she left on the medicine box. Time was running out, so she imitated the TV series she had seen and wrote a few simple English letters.

Just an hour ago, Xue Jingming, covered in blood, suddenly broke into this township health center.

After the outlaw fell from the mountain, he was lucky enough to be hanged on a tree, and only came out of the mountain after the searchers had withdrawn. He was injured, and the urge to survive made him take the risk and came to the health center in the village. At night, people in the village often come to see a doctor for emergencies. A female doctor kindly came to open the door, but Xue Jingming put a knife on her neck.

There are a total of three staff on duty here at night. Dr. Li and Dr. Duan are a husband and wife. They are doctors of the county hospital.

This hospital is not big. They receive patients during the day and live here at night. Besides them, there is a little nurse named Zhang Ying. Zhang Ying, who is in her early twenties this year, is also from this village. She graduated from the medical school and helps them receive patients and take care of their affairs on a daily basis.

As soon as Xue Jingming entered the door, he coerced Dr. Li, stabbed her in the leg, and forced two other people to help him bandage the wound and take out the bullet from his shoulder.

Xue Jingming knew these people, and he usually saw them in the village, but at this time, only killing was in his eyes.

Xue Jingming didn't like this hospital. It was actually some bad memory here. The first time he was here, he saw his father's body. The second time, he was injured by a chainsaw on his finger, and the workers sent him to the hospital. Here, he was shaking with pain. The third time, my mother died here.

Xue Jingming lowered his head and looked at the wound on his left hand. The little finger of his left hand was completely broken. Now the wound is no longer painful, but the hideous wound still reminds him that he is an out-and-out cripple.

Xue Jingming was also caught in the rain. The wet clothes on his body had been worn for a long time, and now they were covered to dry. The bullet shot by Song Wen was blocked by the bushes and injured him, but it did not penetrate deep into the flesh and did not hurt the bones. Not life-threatening.

Just after a simple operation was done here, there was a knock on the door outside.

Xue Jingming still put the knife in his hand on Dr. Li's neck, so Zhang Ying went to open the window to deal with it.

During the whole process, Zhang Ying's legs were soft, but she took into account the lives of Dr. Li and Dr. Duan, and did not dare to ask for help. At this time, she dealt with Song Wen and locked the door before coming back and said tremblingly: " Uncle, I did as you said and sent that person away..."