Chapter 60

At 1 pm on the fourth day of the incident, the Wharton Hotel in South City.

Lu Siyu's car was parked in the parking lot of the Wharton Hotel. With the identity information that Zhang Peicai used before his death, it was much easier to find his whereabouts. Before disappearing, Zhang Peicai lived in the Wharton Hotel for a period of time. Wharton is an old-fashioned hotel in South City. The transportation here is convenient, and it is a quasi-five-star configuration.

Lu Siyu got out of the car and walked all the way to the lobby of the Wharton Hotel. As soon as he walked in, he was keenly aware that the atmosphere of the hotel was different. Lu Siyu did not go to the front desk to ask, but walked directly through the hall. There were two plainclothes standing at the corner of the elevator. Lu Siyu had seen it in the police station before, and he looked familiar. Here it is.

Lu Siyu kept walking without any pause when he reached the two plainclothes. The two plainclothes did not know him and thought he was a guest in the hotel, so Lu Siyu got on the elevator and glanced at the layout of the entire hotel. , He clicked the button of the restaurant on the third floor, and after walking there, he went down the escalator next to the restaurant, walked around and left the hotel.

After coming out of the hotel, Lu Siyu returned to the car, biting his nails to sort out his thoughts.

Xia Unknown's situation, he reasoned almost here, this happened eighteen years ago, like a mirage in the air. Right now, it is Zhang Peicai's death that can obtain more information. Although he died strangely, there must be traces to be found.

One of them is that Lu Siyu has always been quite concerned. If the murderer really has something to do with Xia Weiwei, why would he choose this method of killing?

Torture to kill is not a very immediate method. It has a long cycle, low success rate, high risk, and even a certain degree of reversibility. If the deceased seeks medical treatment in time, he may not necessarily die. Therefore, in this case, the deceased needs to be controlled or even imprisoned. The death of the deceased is a long process and suffers a lot of pain.

If the murderer is someone who is familiar with Xia Weiwei, he must know many ways of killing people and has skilled killing skills, but he chose such a one. In this case, the purpose is not simple killing, but like interrogation. , tortured.

Combined with Zhang Peicai's identity, there is only one possibility. The murderer has always hoped that the victim can confess something, and finally killed him to silence...

The deceased may have revealed something, or it may have said nothing.

The last time Zhang Peicai appeared in the hotel was half a month ago, but his body was found in the wasteland. What happened during this period of time?

Lu Siyu thought for a moment, took out his mobile phone and clicked on a nearby car dealership. If Zhang Peicai was using his fake identity to conduct some investigations, he would definitely need a means of transportation. He couldn't drive his own car. Will rent a car.

Online car rental will leave a lot of information. The more secure way should be to choose a nearby car dealership. Thinking of this, Lu Siyu started the car and drove all the way to several nearby car rental dealers. He was lucky. When asked At the second home, the service staff retrieved a series of car rental records according to the information he provided.

According to reports, Zhang Peicai often rented an Audi here before he disappeared. The salesperson who received him was also there, and Lu Siyu shook his credentials and said, "I want to take down his route map while using the vehicle."

The cars of the rental car dealerships are secretly equipped with GPS location monitoring in the car for the purpose of controllability of the vehicle and convenient recycling. When the car is returned, the information will still be stored in the car dealership for a period of time. This is an unspoken rule in this industry.