1.1:"Where I belong?"

As he walked towards his bedroom door he watched how the eagle eyes were on his every action. He already knows there is no escape now as much as he wanted. He had to do it.

She was waiting patiently for her husband who she had never seen before. It was some old tradition to not have both the people who were to marry to see each other until they are married which seems ridiculous to her intelligent brain as to how do then people expect them to have children on the first day together and more.

The door opened and she remained unfazed from her position which she was in for the last two hours however she never imagined her husband first words to break her existence.

"I only married you because my mother wanted me to I have nothing to do with you anymore". Was his last ever words to her

******

Their married life started with a kick which changed her personality but she wasn't a weak person to break that easy. She was built into a strong-willed woman and a better muslim at that.

She never spoke to him in the month they spend in the house. She spends her time with his parents who adore her and her sharp brain. She did take a month off from her work so she didn't have much to do besides the housework to help her in laws who actually care and nothing for him. She just stayed at a distance that he created.

******

"Ammi (mom), my works starts from tomorrow, I can join, right?" She asked softly looking at her mother-in-law

Her mother in law smiled looking at her father in law nodding her head assuring her she had their full support.

"Thank you". She smiled gratefully

*****

She saw her husband entering the house and it was already dinner time. His mother did tell her that he never came this late but now he started coming late which clench her heart a little.

"Asslam O Alaikum". He said sitting on the sofa sighing

"Beta (son), why are you coming so late from work these days?" His mother asked worriedly

"Nothing to stress about I have a new project which needs my attention". He replied smiling

Your wife needs attention too.

Her thoughts said but she didn't voice them out loud.

"I will prepare dinner. Would you like tea before?" She asked and he just shakes his head

She nodded dejected walking towards the kitchen preparing their dinner. She didn't care enough to actually do something for him. She just acted like he do whenever his parents were around. Once she was done she asked everyone and place food for everyone then sit beside her husband.

They were done for the day and she was looking down at the book she held dear to herself. These book had managed to keep her sane throughout her life as people pushed her to the edge. Her dreams, motivation and strength brought her where she was.

She was no ordinary 26 years old woman she was the best surgeon in the whole country and was named number one recently. Of course, she never took pride in the worldly honour and thanked her lord to have her saves people lives.

She walked towards his room wanting to speak to her husband about her work she wasn't sure if she should but then she was sure that was the right thing to do.

"I wanted to talk". She said softly entering the study he spends his nights at

He didn't even look at her or paid her any attention but she walked near him timidly.