41.4:"The world we hide from".

Ok! So a little warning before you read the chapter if you are sensitive reader or if things trigger you please don't read the chapter. Instead the next chapter will be last so you can follow that one.

Which reminds me this is the second last chapter:(. I don't want it to end.

******

If he ever felt his heart stops, it was in that moment.

The time stopped and everything went blank as he held Zainab in his hand from her looking down at her baby face turning blue by every passing second. That fear that inflicted inside his heart of possibly losing a child right in front of his eyes had his heart thundering.

It took a moment of blankness before he was running without his shoes on and change of clothes- not caring about how he looked or how he should look in public simply wanting to reach a person who can bring Zainab's breathing back. If he had to pay a heavy amount or with his life for it- he will, without hesitation.

But, he needed her breathing back.

That sense of need is what carries us forward in our lives. The need to live, love, care, cherish, progress and the need to be a better person. The moment we lost our sense of need is when we start to lose all the sights of life.

He entered into his car as she entered inside handing Zainab back to her as they drive in silence as she weeps asking Zainab to come back to them. He couldn't form a single word out of fears and his own world falling in front of him. He wasn't sure if there were right words to say to someone whose child is nearly dead. Because he was in this situation right now and even if it's been just a few interactions with this beautiful baby girl he was always delighted to be around her. Her mere presence had made him feel like a father.

Yes, he had denied that long enough.

He had rejected that thought but if he had felt happiness in her small smile and wanting her curious eyes to look around more if he had the urge to protect her from evil and if he was happy to simply have her- if all these emotions are not of what a father could feel then what are they?.

The fear ticked by every minute as the speed of his car increased and he knows she wasn't even focusing on at what speed they were going because her eyes were stuck on Zainab.

His heart and mind were focused on her too but he needed to be strong.

Just as he stopped the car they rushed inside while he screams for help and she weeps for it.

Then Zainab was taken from them leaving them empty.

She had never thought the fear could be this big of losing ones child even if Zainab wasn't hers, there was no way she would have felt her lose to this extent if she didn't have her heart attached to her. Zainab had a way of having people to love her and wrap them around herself. She weeps continuously outside the place they took her while he stands there disoriented praying for Zainab's health without a word.

She wipes her tears away when the doctor came out after a few hours standing immediately to know about her daughter health.

"How is my baby?". They both asked at the same time not realising their words

"She is in a bad shape. But we manage to bring her breathing back. I think she wasn't in a good shape when she was born and have issues with her lungs. We need to run a few more tests to be sure of her lungs condition until then she will stay in the intensive care". The doctor explained

"W-Will she live?". He asked almost afraid of the next words

"Yes, she will. She came in time and she is truly a fighter. She is fighting for her life so I suggest that you fight along with her as her parent's support will encourage her more". The doctor replied patting his shoulder walking back inside