15.2:"Emptiness".

She could feel the questions in the air that were choking her. She didn't want to see him and tell him why she did what she did.

She sighs.

"Who is she?". He asked when the child was reading her book upside down

"She is Shaikhah and she is my child". She said looking at her baby

"She is older than the time we spent together so what's the story?". He asked

"Ammi (mother)". A soft voice said from beside them

He turned around looking at the exact copy of Shaikhah beside the hair looking at her 'mother' shyly.

"Jee (yes), Shariah?". She asked pulling her in her lap

Shariah turned around closer to her ear whispering something while she whispers back to her. Shariah nodded getting down and walking to Shaikhah.

"They are twin?. How old are they?". He asked curiously having a liking towards them

"Yes and ten". She replied sighing, "Can you leave now they are already asking questions. If you need bread wait for sometime I have to bake it".

He sighs.

He watched her walking away from him and that was the only thing he hated the most.

Her walking away from him.

Only if he was courageous enough to say what's in his heart and actually do something.

He sighs again.

"Are you sad?". He heard the sweet voice bringing a smile on his lips

He turned around to find one of the twins standing in front of him but he wasn't sure about her name.

"Shaikhah". She said softly smiling, "I know people cannot differentiate between us".

He smiled apologetically," Sorry, I will be sure to learn soon. But, why do you think I am sad?".

She played with her frock, "Because when Ammi Jaan is sad she always does the same".

His face fell, "She is sad?".

She nodded innocently, "She is sad many times". She said trying to count on her hand but failed, "I can't count".

"It's fine. I am a little sad too, so what can you do for me?". He asked

Shaikhah thought for a moment walking back to her bag taking a paper and drawing something. She says something to Shariah and she looked at him then back at the paper quickly.

"Here". Shaikhah said smiling

He looked down at the paper that had a smiley face on it, "You do this with Ammi?".

She nodded proudly, "I did it once when I saw her crying and she smiled after I gave her this paper. I do it every time now".

"This is great. Thank you". He said patting her head

"Come, Shariah". Shaikhah said hurriedly

Shariah didn't even look and took a few steps stopping immediately shaking her head.

"He won't hurt you, come on". Shaikhah said, "I am here I will protect you, promise".

Shariah shakes her head again.

"Here". She said placing the bread

Then she looked around to what was happening. Shariah looked a little scared of whatever was happening. She quickly walked near her holding her to herself.