23.2:"Insecurities....Fears".

“Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.”  — Margaret Mead

******

"So the reason for telling you this story is that I know exactly how you feel and that you are not alone, not anymore. I know when I was your age I was in a hassle, trying to grasp everything around me, trying to be my best and trying to understand the theories of the world. I forgot on my way I was just a child and that I too can enjoy things. That's my only regret. I don't want you to do the same even when you feel like you have to act like an adult, you don't. I want you to stop for a moment and try understanding from your actual thinking instead of using an adult thinking to understand things. I want you to grasp things slowly. I want you to enjoy the small things around you and love small things. That's the only thing I am asking you to be a kid again".

Her words seem to leave a mark on Afifa young mind. She sits in her room now alone thinking over the things she has done so far.

Was she happy?, no.

She wouldn't be here if she was happy. So what exactly made her unhappy?.

Everything and everyone.

Mostly people. Because the people she trusted to guide her were all snakes in the end. They were using her to gain access to her father.

Was Sun doing the same?.

That thought hasn't occurred to her and then she heard the door open once again.

She looks at her father a little embarrassed about her yesterday act. Fears grip her senses as she takes slow steps towards her making her small heartbeat differently.

In fear.

"I-I am sorry". She whispers

He didn't say anything.

She can feel him looking at her and then shaking his head. She wonders if yesterday has finally managed to push him to his limits and that he might throw her away too.

"I am sorry please don't abandon me". She said choking, "I- will-".

She finds him leaving the room but she called him making him stop.

"This is the paper my doctor asked to give you". She said handing him the small paper

He walks outside with a heavy heart watching just how much his precious daughter is hurt by his presence. She always goes on alert and he didn't want that to happen.

He looks at the paper in his clench fist, "I know you are a busy person who doesn't have time but I would like if you can take just a few minutes for me to talk over your daughter case. Thank you. Sun".

He cannot believe the woman is hell-bent on meeting him. He wonders if she knows that he is the one of the best business who has an umpire of his own then again she probably do know that.

He looks at the time and her letter said 11 PM and he has so many hours to spare.

He needed to meet her for his daughter sake. No other reason.

He waited for hours watching how she looked around to various patient not even a bit of annoyance at the yelling people on her face. If it was him he would have put them in their place.

He watched how attentively she does her work in in the most chaos and just how many surgeries she had lined up.

At last, 11 PM rolled in and he saw her walking outside of the surgery with exhaustion clearly written on her face.

She sighs.

"Excuse me". She heard someone say

She turns to look at the man standing in front of her and she frowns, "Can I help you?".