When Was The Last Time You Slept Prompt - Castiel

Your insomnia had been kicking your ass all week. So much that you could literally count how many hours you were able to sleep on one hand. So instead of just tossing & turning you decided to get out your restlessness by doing some research & even helping out fellow hunters by running some of the phone lines. You'd been doing it so frequently now that you'd even pass out at one of the desks in the library. Only to be woken up a short time later by someone walking through the bunker. You'd gotten used to your insomnia, but that didn't mean it didn't take a toll on you. Hell, you'd give anything to be able to actually fall asleep the second your head hit the pillow & stay asleep for at least five hours a night. What you were unaware of though was while you stayed up late all those nights a certain angel was watching over you hearing all your thoughts & pleas for your insomnia to just become manageable before you went insane. So here you were again having another late night in the library buried nose deep in another lore book when Cas had finally made himself known because he couldn't stand watching you suffer any longer. “When was the last time you slept?” He asked partly scaring the daylights out of you. "To be honest probably a few days ago. Hell, I barely even know what day it is. Not to mention when I do sleep it's probably for an hour or so at the most." You admitted & sighed in defeat as you shut the book you had been reading. Castiel slowly made his way behind you. "Take a deep breath & close your eyes." He said. You were a bit confused but trusted him so you did what he said. You felt him place his hands on either side of your head & felt this wave of relaxation come over you. You slowly felt your body getting heavy & assumed that Cas had either cured your insomnia or something else along those lines. You opened your eyes, but soon enough started to feel them close again. You did keep them open long enough to see Cas smile down at you as he picked you up & carried you to your room. You briefly remembered mumbling out a thank you to him as he gently placed you down in your bed, along with asking him to stay. At least for a little bit since with him around you just felt more at peace. By the time he made himself comfortable next to you, you had already drifted off to sleep. But he didn't miss the smile that came across your face when he did lay down next to you & covered you with your blanket.