Linc (Thalias tree is lit af)

A/N headcanon time/kinda canon already but everyone at camp celebrates Yule cause they'd be pagan considering they are children of pagan gods.(they'd also put up decorations for all the other holidays that campers celebrate)

Lincolns POV

Tomorrow is the winter solstice and the Apollo cabin is in charge of setting up for the celebration, We also had to finish decorating our cabin for Yule and on top of basically running the whole camp and keeping everyone alive we had our hands full. The arts and crafts activity for this week was making the decorations (dried fruits, pine cones, etc) to put on the Yule tree, so I was helping Jasper run it. This was probably the easiest and calmest things I could do this week but still every head councillor seemed stressed or on edge, well more then usual. Jasper was drying out fruit slices so kids could make garlands with them and I was helping them decorate the garlands.

"Oww " Jasper said then let out a ramble of curse words I put down the rope I was helping set up for a camper and headed over to see what happened. I walked over and once he saw me standing there said "go get Will" "are you ok" I asked looking at his arm it was burnt almost all the way up his forearm "I will be once you go get Will" he sounded angry but was trying to stay calm so I ran to the infirmary to get Will. I ran over and slammed open the infirmary door "Weres Will" I shouted, Bee came over and asked if everything was ok I told her Jasper burnt his arm and he needed a healer so she told Nicola to watch over the infirmary well she came with me. On the way out she grabbed a first aid kit I don't see why  tough she's a healer.

We ran back as fast as we could and went over to Jasper who was sitting on a bench off to the side with a wet towel around his arm. "What happened" Bee said as she unwrapped the towel "there's a whole in one of the dishwashing gloves" he explained. At camp we wash dishes with Lava and because not all of us are fireproof we need gloves that will protect us we also just use them as oven mits because they are very durable. "I was taking a tray out and it burnt my finger trough the glove and I panicked and tried to put the pan down but it was half off the table so as I went to go rinse my finger under cold water I knocked it off and my instincts kick in to catch it and it burnt my whole forearm" Jasper finished explaining pausing every couple seconds as Bee took off the towel that had gripped onto his skin.

I went back to helping the arts and crafts and after a while Bee came out and Jasper followed "it should heal in a few hours but it's probably going to scar" Bee explained "I know" Jasper said gripping his wrist. "I think we have enough decorations" I told him trying to make him feel better. "Definitely" he said gesturing to the bucket full of dried orange slices "well at least we'll have good health this year" he joked "wait that's what those are for" I asked confused "Yeah that like one of the main reasons we decorate a tree to bring good health" he explained then went back to making his decorations.

After lunch we switched from making the decorations to putting them up. We agreed to chose a tree in the forest and not cut in down but instead decorate it where it was so we chose Thalia's tree. We put our stuff down and Jasper joked "She would hate this" he paused "it's perfect". Because it was almost winter the sun set at about 4 in the afternoon which meant it was getting dark and we couldn't really see, so we light candles and put them far enough away front when tree to be safe but close enough so we could still see.

By dinner time we were almost done decorating and i was just finishing putting up a garland then was going to head over to dinner. Jasper had already left and said we would decorations after dinner. I layed out a couple decorations to be ready for when I get back then headed over to dinner and sat with my cabin. Half way trough dinner Izzy came running over to our table she tried to calm herself down to not panic the other tables  "you guys were in charge of decorating the tree right?"  She asked, I nodded "did you guys use candles cause it's kind of on fire" she added then before anyone could say anything added "Don't worry tought me and Maya found it and put it out". I put my head down and kept eating trying not to make eye contact with Anyone especially not Bee, Jasper or Nicola.

Once dinner was over I got up trying to pretend like nothing had happened but as I got out of my seat I felt someone grab the back of my shirt I looked up and made eye contact with Jasper who was standing in front of my visibly upset and I turned my head to see who was grabbing my shirt it was Nicola who looked just as mad or even more mad then Jasper. "We're gonna have a little chat about fire safety" Nicola said he let go of me and pointed towards the cabin "You're one to talk about fire safety hasn't your boyfriend lit you on fire once" I was trying to lighten the mood "That was one ti- not the point" Nico said almost offended "twice actually" Jasper whispered to himself. Nicola looked back giving him a death glare but if I hadn't just light a tree on fire they'd be laughing so hard about that.

Once we got to the porch steps Bee was already there she told me to go inside and wait so I did but I could hear their conversation trough the window. They decided that Bee was going to go continue the activities with the rest of the cabin well Nicola and Jasper "dealt" with me. They both came in a few minutes later Jasper first he was the nicer one he sat down next to me on the bunk "tell me what happened" he asked I looked around the room and met eyes with Nicola. They'd chosen the cabin because I couldn't lie in there even if they'd never admit that's why they toon me there that's why. "I forgot to blow out the candles before going to dinner" I said it was the truth i don't know what they were expecting it was pretty obvious what had happened. "Do you guys think I did this on purpose" I asked "No we just wanted to make sure" Jasper said "make sure what I didn't sabotage our celebration" I was angry I know I've messed up before but I wouldn't do that

"That's not what we meant" Nicola said "we went mad just we needed to be sure so when we tell Chiron there's no questions"

"You're telling Chiron was it really that bad of a thing. I mean things get set on fire all the time here" I said "yes but that tree also has the fleece on it we have to report this" Nicola said

"Or what if someone got hurt we'd have to make sure we knew what happened" Jasper explained

"Did anyone get hurt" I asked "well not that we know of" he replied as he stood up and started walking to the door "go join back up with Bee we'll see you at the campfire" Jasper said well holding the cabin door open I rushed pass and out the door.

A/N I'd be nice if Lincoln actually read the story considering how much he's mentioned.