Distraction

Mads POV

"I got him Janvi you take Beckendorf" I motioned for Jasper to bring Nicola to a room so I could treat him "he was one of the closest huh?" I asked "yeah his heart stopped but we got it working again just mostly treating his burns now and hoping he wakes up soon" Jasper told me

"Great you good Jaz" he was now in charge of our cabin and the infirmary until Nicola woke up "yeah fine just don't let him die or I'll kill you" he said then walked out. I set up an IV bag with nectar to help make sure he stayed hydrated and hopefully the nectar would work fast then I started to heal the worst burns before moving onto the less severe ones.

After a while I was getting tired I'd drained myself trying to heal all Nicola's burns I peaked out he curtain "Lincoln get in here" I tried to say as quietly as possible "what is he ok" he asked "yeah just I've drained myself can you take over" I looked up at him he looked pale from the question.

"Bella wasn't your fault you can do this Linc" I walked past and patted him on the shoulder "now I'm gonna go steal some candy so I don't faint" I walked to the back room and stole some skittles and a water.

A few minutes later Will came in the the back to grab something "you are aware there's injured people out there right" he was joking before he walked back out he stole a handful of skittles.

After a while I felt better and went back out to help I checked in on Lincoln "you good in here" I asked "yeah fine just can you get me some water" I ran back to the back room and got him a water bottle then I started waking to the waiting area to see who else needed help.

I was stopped on the way by Leo "is he ok" "never heard you be so serious and yeah he's just badly burnt but we are dealing with it" he tried to run past me "woah stop you can't see him yet Leo look at me... he's going to be fine now I can't believe I'm saying this but go get those burns checked" he reluctantly walked back to the room where Austin was waiting.

There was no more patients from capture the flag and we had a surplus of healers in the infirmary so I decided to go to the campfire by now it was late so only a few people would be left usually the older kids.

It was nice to just sit outside of the infirmary for a few minutes then Thalia came and sat next to me "sooo the hunters still technically won" "yeah not surprising don't you get bored of winning against us all the time"

"Not really it's fun but I do feel bad for you know" I looked at her "trying to kill my siblings" I said "yeah that thing no one died right" she asked "last time I checked no everyone's alive and we are planing to keep it that way"

"You know I meant to just give a little shock I didn't know water would do that" "oh you gave us all more then a little shock"

"Next time we play I'll try not to do that I promise" she said then get up to join back with the hunters.

I was about to go back to my cabin for the night when Phee came limping over "hey Mads" "woah Phee are you okay" I got up and helped her sit down "yeah just probably should have listened to Janvi when she told me not to walk on this leg" "uhh ya think"

"Did you give you anything for this" I asked "yeah a brownie but those take so long to work" they replied "yeah well magic cures only work so well you still have to take care of yourself" Phee was silent "what's wrong" I asked

"You're one to talk you and all your siblings are pretending you don't need help or rest of whatever" she said "yeah well saving a life is worth being a little tired I think" I argued "If you say so"

"Phee just say what you're thinking" I said annoyed "your sister died not even two weeks ago and now your brother is unconscious in the infirmary and you're all acting like it's fine"

"Your leg should be fine just don't walk on it I mean it" I said getting up and walking away "See your avoiding it" I heard them yell at me as I walked away.

I went back to the infirmary to check in on some people. First was Sabrin she was still complaining of a headache so I checked her chart and gave her some Tylenol and and ice pack. Then after I checked on all the patients I asked Jasper if I was needed of if I could go to sleep.

He said to go rest and to take Lincoln with me cause he'd been working non stop for like three hours and Jasper thought he was about to pass out.

The next day I woke up late to Lincoln standing next to my bad "stop being creepy go away" I said "Chiron wants to see us like now" he said scared I got up as quick as I could and then we walked to the big house.

On the way I asked "what did you do now Linc" "nothing it's probably about last nights situation" "great let's get this over with"

I pushed open the door to Chirons office "you wanted to see us" I said "yes I wanted to sincerely apologize on behalf of the hunters" he said "it's okay we all get really into the game it was an accident" I said "yes and also I'd like a report on every patient who came in last night as soon as possible" yeah I expected that. He let us go and Lincoln had a shift in the infirmary so he left I basically had the day off to do whatever I wanted.

I needed a distraction "BEA BEA" I said knocking on the door "what do you want" they said as they opened the door "wanna hang out" I asked "why" "what do you mean why your my friend"

"Thanks but something is wrong or you wouldn't be here" they were right but I didn't care "true but the point of me coming to you is so that I don't have to think about that"

"Ah I'm the distraction ok sure wanna go bother my sister" Bea asked "uhh yes" I replied.

We headed over to cabin 8 Bea knocked on the door and someone we didn't recognize opened the door "let me guess Apollo kid" she didn't sound very happy about that "well she is I'm not" Bea said "is Casey here" they asked the hunter shut the door and a few seconds later Casey came out.

"She's not the biggest fan of..yeah sorry maddy so what's up" Casey said "nothing we are just bored" Bea said "isn't there like a whole camp full of things to do" Casey asked "yeah but Beas gotta rest their arm and I don't really feel like training right now" I said.

We walked around and just talked for a while Bea was mostly catching Casey on why she'd missed and Casey was telling us about the most interesting things she'd seen since joining the hunters. It was almost dinner time when Adi came running to us.

"Mads he's waking up Lincoln told me to come get you" I froze this felt like déjà vu Phee was right I hadn't gotten over Bella death "Maddy are you okay" Bea was snapping their fingers in front of my eyes which brought me out of my own head "did you hear her Nico's awake"

"Yeah I heard I just.. I need a minute" I started to walk to the infirmary then I started running I ran as fast I could. I ran so fast I could hear my heart beating I ran thought the door and towards Nicola's room I stopped when I heard him screaming.

"GET OUT I DONT WANT TO SEE YOU" then Lincoln and Jasper walked out dragging Leo out of the room.

A/n three chapters in one day let's gooo