Line up to die

Lincoln's POV

All I asked was where Leilani and Audrey were and suddenly now Jasper and Maddy had the bright idea to drag us outside to go look for them. We'd been out for about an hour searching and found nothing so far.

We'd spilt up into two groups Sara took Janvi and Maddy and, well Me, Jasper and Katie went the other way. It was only about 9pm and most of the stores where shut down only a few places were open and barley any people were out.

We turned a corner and saw a cafe it was still open and had a few people inside right outside however on the patio was three people I couldn't make out who was who but I knew one was Leilani and one was Audrey only because of the giant hellhound next to them but I didn't recognize the third person.

As we got closer and the light for the cafe helped me see I recognized the girl it was Hazel Levesque, I'd meet her once or twice when she came to camp but didn't know her very well. We walked over and introduced ourselves to her then jasper turned to Audrey and Leilani.

"Why did you guys leave for so long" he sounded a little upset "we were just here catching up with Hazel" Audrey replied Leilani sat in their chair awkwardly sipping their drink.

What broke the silence was Nero suddenly jolting up and running away. I walked over to see if maybe he was chasing a squirrel or something. I turned the corner he'd just run around and saw Janvi sprinting towards us, Maddy and Sara followed behind.

We all met up back at the cafe then decided to go back to our room for the night. Once we got back to the room Hazel told us to wait for her in the morning and she'd be back to get us.

I quickly called dibs on one of the beds and dozed off. The next morning I woke up then waiting around with everyone else for Hazel to show up. At around 11 am someone knocked on the door. Sara went over and opened it then Hazel walked in.

"So are you guys planning to stay here or.." she asked "we should probably get going.. right" Jasper replied a few of us nodded.

We packed all out stuff and Hazel took us back to where we'd met Frank yesterday. Once we walked in Frank was waiting there and weirdly Jason was there again too "you stalking us?" I asked him "just wanted to wish you guys luck on your quest" Jason replied.

"Do you guys need anything else for you quest" Frank asked "unless you can get us a drive to downtown LA nope" Jasper answered. After a few minutes of saying goodbye we headed out and back onto the roads of San Francisco. Before leaving I told Sara we are definitely taking her to camp halfblood when we get back.

"Do you guys think Nero could shadow travel us to LA now that we are closer?" Janvi asked "maybe if it was night but not on a sunny day like this" Maddy answered.

"Do we have enough money for a cab?" I asked "it would use almost everything we have" Jasper replied "well we won't need the money in the underworld.. will we?" I asked "probably not but we still need money to get back to camp" Audrey chimed in.

"It's pretty sunny think Dad would be so nice as to bring us to hell?" Leilani asked I couldn't tell if she was joking "No! NOPE not doing that" a few people argued.

We tried thinking of other ways to get there because a 6 day walk is not preferable. We decided to try something but didn't know if it would work Maddy took out a golden drachma and threw it onto the road and said "Stêthi 'Ô hárma diabolês". We waited a few seconds but nothing happened.