Stop sending us to manhattan

We are gonna completely ignore timelines here and forget about how it's technically like only July 20 and say it's august 16 :). Also just remembered that technically Leo is the oldest person on this trip 🧍what could go wrong with that.

The morning was hectic to say the least I got woken up by Lee at 5am the sun had just barley started to rise and had to help get the vans ready although all I could do was sit in the van and play Tetris with a lot of strawberries because I hadn't fully recovered yet, but hey at least I didn't have to run up and down halfblood hill for an hour to get the strawberries from the big house.

Once both vans were backed we split up into two groups of three for the trip. The first van had Lee as the driver and had Nyx and Anthea as the passengers.

Leo was driving the other van which meant I was stuck in a van with both of new Romes most wanted criminals, which was a little surprising to me that Lee let me go in the car with Leo because despite how much he argues he's fine with me having a boyfriend he still very protective and in case he somehow forgot I can tell when people are lying especially when it's Lee he's not a very good liar.

We started the drive it was only about two hours with no traffic but we are going to Manhattan so it's more like three hours if we are lucky. About twenty minutes into the drive Sara asked

"So where are we going"

I turned my head to the backseat confused "no one told you?" I asked

"Chiron just said it was a field trip" she replied "last time he said that we actually were going to fight a war" I joked but she didn't really seem to find that funny more horrifying

"Don't worry there's no war, it's worse it's a farmers market" I reassured her. "Well it's gonna feel like a war but instead of monsters it's rich hippies who need to make sure their fruits are grass fed" Leo chimed in he wasn't wrong.

We decided to stop and get some breakfast somewhere which was a really bad idea because coffee + certain people with ADHD (Leo) = somehow more hyperactive, it wasn't that bad kinda made the ride more bearable. Eventually we made it to Manhattan and just had to make it to our lot for the weekend.

Traffic was horrible as expected, with half the roads closed people had to find different ways to go where they needed to go but once we got past the barricades which we were allowed because we were apart of the event it was easier still busy but slightly easier.

Not only was this weekend the farmers market but it was also some other festival which took up most streets from time square to a few streets down from the Empire State Building or in demigod terms the main area of the battle of Manhattan. Some lady who was working the event directed us to Madison Square Park where we were supposed to set up the name didn't really click at first so I just looked out the window.

We turned onto E 26th street and I felt my heartbeat quicken as I remember why the park name was familiar.

I didn't know where I was or how much longer I could keep this up I assumed the war started but I didn't know what was going on, I looked over to Beckendorf who was still unconscious along with what seemed like any living thing in New York besides everything that was trying to kill me I just hopped all those people were sleeping and not dead.

I looked up at the street name hoping I would know how to get to the Empire State Building from here but I'd only been to New York maybe 3 other times

Madison park, Yeah still completely lost

I looked around for help hoping to see some familiar Greek armour or anything..nothing the street was empty and so were the skies no gods to help I was alone.