1

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 01. The Arrival

 The Arrival

A MONTH. That was how long Annalys Baratheon was cooped up in a carriage for with her mother and her two younger siblings, Myrcella and Tommen. Her head felt like it was going to explode and the constant smell of manure outside made her want to hurl.

"How much longer, mother?" Annalys questioned her mother, who sat across from her in the carriage beside Tommen.

"We're almost there, Annalys. You needn't worry," Cersei responded, quickly glancing outside before back at her daughter, "I want to remove myself from this carriage just as much as you do."

"But you're the queen, you're required to ride in the carriage with Tommen and Myrcella," Annalys replied in a somewhat annoyed tone, "I'm older than Joffrey by nearly two years. Why couldn't I have ridden on a horse as he, Father, and Uncle Jaime are?"

Cersei sighed dramatically, giving her daughter a pointed look, "We've talked about this," She reminded Annalys, who visibly rolled her eyes at her mother, "As much as your father wanted you to, he didn't want the people of Westeros to think of us as uncivilized and improper by having their princess riding on a horse with the men."

Not wanting to argue any longer, Annalys shut her mouth, her lips forming a fine line as she nodded her head in response, remaining silent as their carriage approached Winterfell.

"Gods, help me," She muttered under her breath, glancing out the window to see Joffrey riding his horse with a proud look on his face as they traveled through the gates of Winterfell.

The carriage soon came to a full stop, causing Annalys to sigh in utter relief, "Took us long enough," Cersei remarked before Annalys had time to say what she wanted to say, which happened to be almost exactly the same.

One of the Knights opened the door to the carriage, allowing Myrcella and Tommen out first. Annalys glanced over at her mother, who nodded her head in encouragement. She smiled, standing up before exiting the carriage with her mother following close behind.

She turned her head, spotting her father standing in front of the Starks. Lady Catelyn Stark stood to Ned Stark's left, her youngest, Rickon, standing at her side.

At Ned's right, Robb, his eldest, stood beside him. Next in line was Sansa, the Stark's eldest daughter and the same one Annalys' father planned to marry to Joffrey. Next to her was Arya, who seemed several years younger than her sister. At the end of the line, Annalys spotted Bran, the second youngest Stark.

Her eyes continued to glance around the Stark family until her eyes locked on one of the boys standing behind Ned and his family. Once her eyes locked on him, she found herself unable to look away. He had dark brown hair that was almost seen as black and dark brown eyes. He seemed to be of average stature and just like Robb, he was cleanly shaven.