83

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 83. The Night Before

 In the library, there was a large table in front of Jaime and Annalys with a map of Winterfell laid out over it, with various markers outside the castle

In the library, there was a large table in front of Jaime and Annalys with a map of Winterfell laid out over it, with various markers outside the castle. Jaime stared down at the map in utter shock. It was quite impressive.

It started off with a large wall three hundred meters away from the castle, one that Annalys had already planned to ignite with wildfire.

She had the Dothraki positioned behind it, and then a large trench behind them, one that would have wooden spikes on it along with oil to help it erupt into the flames when the time was right.

She had some archers positioned behind the trench, so that could shoot arrows at the wights climbing the trench. She had the majority of the Unsullied behind them, along with men of the mountain clans. There was a retractable plank as well, that could help the Dothraki cross back over.

The third line of fortification for the wall was a series of Chevrons made of stake mounds. She had the Riverlands men set up on top of the Chevrons as archers. They were also positioned behind the chevrons to shoot the wights who attempted to get through the funneled gaps.

Behind them, she had the remainder of the armies, including the North, the Vale, and the Wildlings, who were the last line of defense.

"Impressive," Jaime stated, glancing around at the entire battle map and layout, "And you did this all yourself?" He asked, slowly glancing up at her.

Annalys shyly smiled, nodding her head in confirmation, "There was no one here to stop me to make the battle plan up," She informed her father in a calm tone, "Jon isn't king, he can't use that as an excuse to be superior to me. Even though his strategies always suck," She paused, her smile slowly fading, "Robb and I used to work together on these kinds of things. He was almost as good as I was with making them up."

Jaime continued to look down at the layout. He didn't realize it at first, but the plan was far more advanced than anything he had ever seen before, "What gave you the ideas of the walls and the numerous fortifications?" He asked her curiously, gesturing toward the three lines of defense.

"I made it up myself," Annalys admitted, shrugging her shoulders as she became confused about what made Jaime so disbelieving of her.

"How long did it take you?" Jaime asked, confusing Annalys even more.

"A single night and half a morning, why?" Annalys replied, frowning at Jaime as she answered his numerous questions. Jaime's eyes widened, slowly looking up at Annalys, "Yes, I understand. I'm no Tywin Lannister. But it's still great, you must admit."

"You're right, you're no Tywin Lannister," Jaime found himself saying, causing Annalys to sigh in defeat since she thought he was a disapproving of her plan, "You're better." He paused and Annalys' eyes practically lit up at his words, "I taught you everything my father taught me growing up, but this," He paused, gesturing down to the map, "This is nothing like it. This is far more advanced. Your grandfather wouldn't have been able to create this if he had an entire fortnight of time. You have the men positioned perfectly, with the larger numbers in the front with smaller numbers in the back. You've leveled their strengths perfectly and thought up the wildfire idea, which no one else would have thought of. How did you do this in the span of one night?"