69

LION AMONG WOLVES
—69. Three Queens

WINTERFELLSEVEN YEARS BEFORE

WINTERFELL
SEVEN YEARS BEFORE

   Soon after Annalys' family had left to return to King's Landing, leaving her with the Starks, Annalys had decided to spend some time with Robb. Jon had left to head to Castle Black and Annalys found herself a bit upset, despite the way they left things.

"I'm glad you came to see me, Robb," Annalys stated, a small smile forming on her lips as she walked down the halls of Winterfell alongside Robb.

"Yes, well, I thought it was time we discuss where we are with one another," He informed Annalys, who nodded in agreement.

"Perhaps it is time," Annalys replied, agreeing with Robb.

"Even with your family returning to King's Landing and my father becoming Hand of the King, our fathers still want our alliance remained intact with our marriage. Unlike my sister and your brother's betrothal, our's is official. And seeing as---" Before Robb could finish rambling off, Annalys grabbed him by the hand, causing him to stop talking.

"Please, stop," She insisted, causing Robb to give her a confused look, "I was actually hoping that we wouldn't talk anymore about betrothals and politics. Nine years ago, we were the best of friends. Partners, at that. We did everything together. We didn't view ourselves as a princess and a future lord of Winterfell. We were simply a boy and a girl. Since arriving, we've been nothing but formal with each other. I miss the way things were. Myself as just a girl and you as just a boy." She explained, only to notice the raised brow Robb gave her, leading to her, smiling and correcting herself, "Well, a man, nearly, and I a woman."

"Go on, 'woman'," Robb encouraged Annalys, causing her to smile and quietly chuckle at his poorly made joke, "Well, then. I guess I will finish for you. If I were just a man, not future heir to Winterfell, and you weren't a Baratheon princess, I dare say this would be the perfect time to declare myself yours and no one else's."

"And I am yours," Annalys promised, a large smile on her face, "Truly. Now and always."

"And probably, once I did that, I would try to kiss you," Robb stated, causing Annalys' smile to become a smirk.

Annalys turned on her heel, beginning to walk in the other direction with Robb following after, "And I'd probably find myself letting you." She responded, turning to face him, their faces almost touching.

Robb began to lean closer, about to press his lips against Annalys' when Ser Rodrick cleared his throat, causing both Robb and Annalys to turn to him, "My Lord. My Lady. I came to inform you that Bran has awoken," He informed the duo, causing them both to look shocked by the news, not caring that their moment was ruined. A moment like that wouldn't end up happening again for another year, much to their dismay.