77

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 77. Death Sentence

 Hours later, Annalys finally returned to the dragonpit, where Daenerys and the rest of the group grew impatient with her return

Hours later, Annalys finally returned to the dragonpit, where Daenerys and the rest of the group grew impatient with her return. Cersei had let her leave, following the deal they made about Annalys returning to King's Landing after the Great War while Cersei sent her forces up North in return.

Everyone around Daenerys was beginning to lose hope when it came to Annalys returning back to them, but Daenerys refused to do the same. She did the same beyond the wall and Annalys ended up returning. If Annalys could survive nearly freezing to the death and almost being killed by thousands of wights, why couldn't she survive her own mother?

Just then, Daenerys turned her head to see Annalys walking over to them, wearing a content expression. She was alive and there was no sign of struggle on her part. Daenerys knew by the look on the woman's face that she hadn't escaped, she had been willing freed.

Jon had been the first to rush over to Annalys, Daenerys following soon after. They both were shocked to see Annalys, who seemed oddly calm.

Soon enough, the rest of the group approached Annalys as well, wanting to know what had happened and how Annalys survived the wrath of Cersei Lannister, especially with the way Annalys talked to people without caring for the consequences. If anyone had talked to Cersei the way Annalys had, they would have been killed, but somehow, Annalys didn't.

Daenerys suddenly frowned in concern, noticing Cersei following soon after Annalys with a fraction of her forces. The entire group became alarmed, praying to the Gods that Annalys didn't betray them. She wasn't the type, but that didn't change the fact that she was the enemy's daughter, a Lannister through thick and thin.

Cersei walked up the steps with Jaime, the Mountain, Qyburn, and a few members of the Queen's Guard, "My armies will not stand down," Cersei informed the group in a calm tone, "I will not pull them back to the capital," She paused, Daenerys looking concerned, "I will march them North to fight alongside you in the Great War."

Jon and Tyrion turned to Annalys with wide eyes, shocked that she had actually done it. No one they had never met could ever convince Cersei to anything she didn't want to, but somehow, Annalys did? How was that?

Annalys avoided eye contact with them, however. She practically sacrificed herself for the cause. She sold her freedom to her mother as if she were a slave just for the sake of everyone else. Not many people would do that, but Annalys did. It showed what type of person Annalys was.

"The darkness is coming for us all," Cersei continued on, "We'll face it together. And when the Great War is over, perhaps you'll remember I chose to help with no promises or assurances from any of you."

Annalys sighed, shaking her head. Her mother had made her promise to keep their deal a secret, just before they left her chambers. Annalys was forced to swear not to speak of their deal for Annalys to return after the war to anyone. Annalys hated the fact that she had to lie, but she agreed to it for everyone else. She wondered why her mother wanted to keep it a secret, though.