5

LION AMONG WOLVES.
— 05. Goodbyes

That day, Annalys found Jaime and walked with him toward where their family was prepping to leave Winterfell, "I will miss you, you know," Annalys spoke up quietly

"And here I was thinking Tyrion was your favorite uncle," Jaime remarked, lightly chuckling.

"Yes, but that's because he is my only uncle," She responded, causing Jaime to freeze in place.

He turned to Annalys, staring at her in shock, "What did you just say?" He asked her in disbelief, clearly thinking he hadn't heard her right.

"I'm not stupid, Jaime," She replied in a calm tone, taking a step toward him to speak in quietly in order to have no one hear her, "I know you're my father. I've always known."

"How?" He questioned her, his eyes wide in disbelief.

Annalys smiled slightly, shrugging her shoulders, "Many reasons," She told him, "I've seen things. And I also have seen a few of my 'father's' bastards around Kings Landing and none look like myself or my siblings. We are blonde while they are not. I've also heard the story about mother's first child. He looked exactly like Father. So why don't I?" She paused, letting out a sigh, "And I'm not the only one who sees how close you and mother are."

"Annalys--" He began to say, only to be cut off by Annalys.

"It's okay, Jaime. I won't tell anyone," Annalys assured him, "I'm somewhat glad," She paused, letting out a small sigh, "As odd as it may sound, I'm glad that you're my real father and not Robert."

Jaime was clearly taken aback as he heard Annalys' words. He stepped forward, engulfing Annalys in a hug, "Take care," She whispered to him softly.

_____

Outside Winterfell, Annalys stood in front of Tommen, Myrcella, and Cersei after saying goodbye to Jaime. Joffrey had tried to say goodbye in his usual mocking way and Annalys ended up rudely telling him that she hoped to never see him again.

Annalys smiled, saying a small goodbye to Tommen before walking over to Myrcella, "Will we ever see each other again?" Myrcella asked Annalys quietly, a sad look on her face.

"Probably not," She informed her younger sister with all honestly, "But listen to me, Myrcella. You are going to grow up to be beautiful, strong, and fearless."

"Like you?" Myrcella asked Annalys, who couldn't help but smile at her, "I'll never been as great as you. No one can."

"I beg to differ," Annalys responded, gesturing toward her mother, who smiled at them.

Myrcella giggled, Annalys quickly hugging her before turning toward her mother.

Cersei smiled slightly, cupping Annalys' face with her hands as tears threatened to spill from her eyes, "My daughter," She practically cried as she looked at her daughter for what she felt like would be the last time, "You are good. From your first breath, you have always been strong, yet still sweet. I have no idea where you came from. Certainly not from me nor your father. You are nothing like either of us. No jealousy, no coldness, you are truly good. I have tried my hardest to keep you closest for as long as possible. But you are now grown. You are my firstborn and you will always be the one I shared the closest bond with. I will never stop fighting for you."