34

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 34. The Great Escape

 That night, at Tyrion's cell, Tyrion was laying on his cot when he heard the door opened, causing the man to become annoyed, "Oh, get on with it, you son of a whore

That night, at Tyrion's cell, Tyrion was laying on his cot when he heard the door opened, causing the man to become annoyed, "Oh, get on with it, you son of a whore." He demanded with an attitude.

"Is that any way to speak about our mother?" Jaime asked jokingly, revealing himself to Tyrion to be standing there alongside Annalys, who carried Lady's Wrath and her bow.

  "What are you two doing?" Tyrion asked, a confused look on his face at the sight of the father-daughter duo.

"What do you think we're doing?" Jaime retorted in a calm tone, "The galley's waiting in the bay bound for the Free Cities. You're headed there after this while Annalys is off to Dorne."

"Who's helping you?" Tyrion questioned, glancing between Jaime and Annalys.

"Varys," Annalys informed Tyrion as the rest of them began to walk through the dark halls.

"Varys?" Tyrion asked, still looking beyond puzzled.

"You have more friends than you thought." Jaime responded, a small smile on his face as they reached the end of the underground tunnel, "There's a locked door at the top of the stairs. Knock on it twice, and then twice again. Varys will open."

"I suppose this is goodbye, then." Tyrion sadly realized, turning to Jaime before they both hugged each other tightly.

"Farewell, little brother." He bid Tyrion goodbye, looking beyond saddened.

"Jaime, thank you. For my life." Tyrion thanked his brother before walking away, allowing Annalys and Jaime to bid their goodbyes to each other.

Jaime turned to Annalys, who rushed toward him and wrapped her arms around him tightly. Jaime hugged his daughter back, placing a kiss to the top of her head, "Be safe," He warned her, the two of them slowly pulling away from their hug, which they presumed to be their last.

Annalys smiled sadly, wiping the tears from her eyes, "Is it sad to say that I hope I never see you again?" She asked, both of them laughing sadly, "I love you, Jaime. Thank you for being my father."

"I love you, too, Annalys," Jaime responded, the two of them finding themselves hugging one last time before Annalys was forced to walk away with Tyrion.

  When Annalys turned to look in back of her to see Jaime no longer in sight, she turned in the other direction, causing Tyrion to stop walking and give her a puzzled look, "Where are you going?" He asked her in concern.

"I have some unfinished business with Tywin Lannister," Annalys informed Tyrion in a calm tone, "You coming?"

  Annalys took a torch that was hanging and climbed up a ladder to go through a trap door. She walked down the hallway with Tyrion, being so quiet that no one would be able to hear her footsteps. She entered the room she knew belonged to the hand of the king, Tyrion following soon after.