19

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 19. Collateral Damage

    About a week later, Annalys became confused when she woke up to find Talisa nowhere in sight

About a week later, Annalys became confused when she woke up to find Talisa nowhere in sight. Wanting to find her, Annalys quickly got dressed on her own and searched the place. She entered a room, where Willem and Martyn's dead bodies laid on the ground, Talisa's nearby as well.

"No, no, no," She muttered to herself, tears beginning to pool in her eyes as she rushed over to the three bodies.

She knelt next to Willem and Martyn's body, beginning to cry over the fact that they were dead. She promised she would keep them safe and now they were dead.

Annalys continued to mutter the word, "No," under her breath as she crawled over to Talisa's body, distraught over her friend's death the most.

She began to sob, cradling the woman's dead body in her arms as she sat on ground near Martyn and Willem's lifeless corpses, "This is all my fault," She cried to herself, looking down at Talisa's body, "I'm so sorry."

Blood covered Annalys' hands and the front of her dress from holding Talisa's dead body in her arms. The girl had died from either the stab wound on her chest or the slit throat.

Talisa was her friend. The only friend she ever had that wasn't someone in her family. Her first female friend, at that. She was the reason Talisa even stayed in Westeros. And now she was dead.

Just then, the door opened and Annalys turned her head, only to see Robb walk in, immediately horrified by the dead bodies, "They killed them!" Annalys shouted at Robb, tears streaming down her face, "Karstark and his men. I know it."

Robb quickly walked over Annalys, still not saying a word as he tried to get her to stand up, "We need to go and alert our men." He tried to convince her to leave, but Annalys wouldn't move, "Annalys, please. We will get our vengence. I promise."

Annalys turned her head, slowly looking up at Robb, who held out his hand to her. Annalys looked back at Talisa's body. She gently placed the girl's corpse back on the ground, choking back a sob as she finally grabbed Robb's hand.

Robb helped her up, immediately hugging Annalys in comfort as she continued to cry, "Shh. It's okay. We'll make them pay. I promise." He whispered to her softly, continuing to hug her.

_______

Later on that day, Willem and Martyn laid dead on a blanket alongside Talisa's body. They had learned that she had been killed trying to protect the children. Annalys knelt beside them and Robb stood beside her. Brynden stood opposite, while Catelyn sat behind them, a sad look on her face at the sight of the boys and Talisa.

"Bring them in," Annalys spoke up, tears still pooled in her eyes as she gave the order.

Brynden nodded, opening the door before Lord Karstark and his men walked in, hands bound, "Is that all of them?" Robb asked the group in a low tone, "It took five of you to murder two unarmed squires and a handmaiden?"