93

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 93. Don't Leave Me

   While everyone was prepping to head south for the battle while the Wildings prepared to head back up North beyond the Wall, Annalys was sure to send everyone her goodbyes

   While everyone was prepping to head south for the battle while the Wildings prepared to head back up North beyond the Wall, Annalys was sure to send everyone her goodbyes. That morning, Annalys stood next to Jon as he prepped his horse, making sure he was all ready to go, "You're not riding the dragon South?" A familiar voice suddenly asked Jon, causing Annalys and Jon to turn their heads to see Tormund walking toward them.

Jon and Annalys exchanged a look, laughing softly before they made their way over to their best friend, "Just a horse," Jon responded with a smile on his face, "Rhaegal needs to heal. He doesn't need me weighing him down."

Tormund scoffed loudly, "You weigh as much as two fleas fucking," He commented, causing Annalys to laugh, "How about you? Are you going down South?"

"Of course, I am," Annalys bluntly responded, causing Jon to stare at her in shock, "What, did you really think I was just going to sit back and watch as the North has all the fun without me?" She asked before scoffing in response, "Oh, please."

Jon sighed in defeat and shook his head, knowing there was no point in trying to get her to decide otherwise. If Annalys didn't want to do it, there was no one in the world who could convince her to do otherwise.

"I'm taking the Free Folk home," Tormund suddenly informed the duo, causing both Jon and Annalys to stare up at him in shock, "We've had enough of the south," He paused, moving closer to them as he began to whisper, "The women down here don't like me."

"This is the North, you know," Jon pointed out to Tormund, a small smile on his face, "And the Free Folk are welcome to stay."

"It isn't home," Tormund suddenly confessed and Annalys found herself thinking hard on those words for some odd reason.

Home. What was her home? She claimed it to be Winterfell, but was that the truth?

"We need room to wander," Tormund continued on, "I'll take them back through Castle Black as soon as the winter storms pass. Back where we belong."

Jon remained silent. He turned his body slightly, looking over at Ghost, who stood alone in the courtyard, "It's where he belongs too," He suddenly replied, much to Annalys' shock, "A direwolf has no place in the south. Will you take him with you?" He asked as he turned back to look Tormund in the eye, "He'll be happier up there."

"So would the two of you," Tormund suddenly said, causing Annalys to turn to him with wide eyes.

"I wish I was going with you," Jon confessed to Tormund while Annalys remained silent, not wanting to speak her truth. She hadn't since the Long Night. No one knew what was truly going on in her head and she wanted to keep it that way.