28

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 28. Good Riddance

  Once the group of actors prepped to leave and the crowd applauded, Joffrey stood up to address the dwarfs, holding out a bag of gold to pay them with, "Well fought

  Once the group of actors prepped to leave and the crowd applauded, Joffrey stood up to address the dwarfs, holding out a bag of gold to pay them with, "Well fought. Well fought. Here you are. Champion's purse. Though you're not the champion yet, are you? A true champion defeats all the challengers. Surely there are others out there who still dare to challenge my reign," He paused, turning to look at Tyrion, "Uncle, How about you? I'm sure they have a spare costume."

The crowd laughed as Tyrion stood and Annalys tensed up, "One taste of combat was enough for me, Your Grace," Tyrion kindly told his nephew, even though it wasn't what he truly wanted to say, "I would like to keep what remains of my face. I think you should fight him. This was but a poor imitation of your own bravery on the field of battle. I speak as a firsthand witness. Climb down from the high table with your new Valyrian sword and show everyone how a true king wins his throne. Be careful, though. This one is clearly mad with lust. It would be a tragedy for the king to lose his virtue hours before his wedding night."

After his rant, Tyrion sat down and Joffrey immediately became angered by his uncle's insults. Annalys quietly laughed and the crowd became silent as Joffrey looked over at Annalys, clearly hearing her. He walked over to Annalys with a goblet of wine in his hand, stopping when he stood behind her.

   A small gasp escaped Annalys' parted lips as she felt the red liquid spill into her blonde hair. It trickled down her face, into her dress and down the valley between her breasts, causing her to scoff as she slowly opened her eyes. Margaery hesitantly watched her husband from her seat while Tyrion and Sansa tensed up, not knowing if Annalys would be able to contain her anger.

"A fine vintage, brother," Annalys spoke up, tilting her head to look over at her younger brother, "It's a crying shame that it's beenspilled." She remarked, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand.

"It did not spill, sister," Joffrey responded and Annalys instinctively rolled her eyes, "I simply put it where it truly belonged. With a whore who claims herself to be the Queen in the North."

"Whatever you say, Joffrey," Annalys responded calmly and the entire group was surprised at how content she was, despite Joffrey publicly humiliating her.

"It's 'Your Grace', sister. I am your king and we are not familiars, meaning you do not have the right to call me that," Joffrey snapped at her, growing angry with Annalys, despite the fact she barely said anything.

Seeing where the whole scene was going, Margaery was quick to speak up, placing a fake smile on her face, "My love, come back to me," She spoke up happily, "It's time for my father's toast."

"Well, how does he expect me to toast without wine?" He complained, turning to Tyrion instead of Annalys, "Uncle, you can be my cupbearer seeing as you're too cowardly to fight."