88

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 88. Savior

Before Annalys could react to help Lyanna, Jaime grabbed her arms, holding her from the back

Before Annalys could react to help Lyanna, Jaime grabbed her arms, holding her from the back. What he did stopped her before she could do something that would cost her her life. Brienne covered the duo, killing any wights that came her way while Jaime held Annalys back.

He knew he would have to continue holding onto her, until Lyanna was dead. They all knew she was going to die, but that didn't stop Annalys from trying to be the hero she always was, despite it not being worth it.

Annalys began to cry, trying her hardest to get out of Jaime's grip. If Annalys wasn't as injured as she already was, she could have gotten out of his grip, but she was.

She was severely injured, most likely more than she had ever been before, "No, no. Jaime, let me go. Please, let me go!" She sobbed in a pleading tone, watching helplessly as the giant got ready to kill her, "I can save her. Please, Jaime," She begged, her voice cracking as she let out a large sob, "I can't lose anyone else. I won't survive."

Jaime found himself stricken with guilt at Annalys' words, his eyes widening slightly.

"I can't lose anyone else. I won't survive."

Was it that bad? Jaime hadn't been there for every loss Annalys was forced to endure. The Great War had made it even worse for the girl. Over the years, she had lost nearly everyone.

"I can't, Annalys. I can't let you go," Jaime quietly told Annalys, whose eyes were fixed on Lyanna. The giant tightened his grip around a dying Lyanna, pulling her closer to his face as he prepared to eat her, "Don't look, Annalys. Close your eyes."

    Annalys refused to obey Jaime. Each time she lost someone, she looked the killer straight in the eye and watched it happened. It was what made her grow the courage to kill her enemies. For vengeance. To have them endure what they made others endure.

The wight giant opened his mouth to eat Lyanna, only to have the dying girl yell out one last time as she stabbed him in his eyes. Annalys quietly gasped at the sight, watching in shock as the wight dropped to the ground, falling on top of Lyanna's dead body as he died so.

Annalys screamed out, finally getting out of Jaime's grip. She stood in silence, frozen for a moment. Jaime watched her closely, fearing what she may do.

She began to heave for breath and before Jaime could react, she unsheathed her sword and whipped herself around. Jaime began to fear that she was going to stab him, but instead, she killed the wight he hadn't even even had been just seconds away from attacking him.

   Before Jaime could stop her, Annalys continuing to unleash her anger on all that came her way. The Night King would die. She knew she would probably die while fighting him, but she prayed to the gods she would be lucky enough to bring him along with her when she was sent to the seven hells for all her sins.