39

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 39. Hardhome

   After days of traveling on horses and then on ships, Jon, Annalys, Tormund, and the rest of the men who came with them to Hardhome had finally arrived at their destination

After days of traveling on horses and then on ships, Jon, Annalys, Tormund, and the rest of the men who came with them to Hardhome had finally arrived at their destination. Tormund was right when he told them on the journey that the air was fresher up north beyond the wall. She thought he was just being dramatic, but it was true. It did, in fact, smell fresher. It was colder, too, but Annalys was able to endure the cold. She always had preferred coldness over the heat of the south.

Many Wildlings stood on the shore of Hardhome, watching Annalys' ship and the others approach them on their boats. There were many homes and huts built from wood on the shores, nothing like the ones South of the wall. It was her first time North of the wall and Annalys was definitely impressed. She heard stories from people growing up that the Wildlings were monsters and she thought she was proven right when she met Osha, Stiv, and the other Wildlings when they tried to harm Bran, but she was proven wrong when she met Tormund.

They were just like them, they were simply misunderstood and made out to be worse than they actually were. She could relate to that. Many people of Westeros didn't know Annalys personally and simply believed what people told them about her, most of which were horrific lies made up by the people who disliked her, people like the Boltons and the Freys.

Jon grabbed Annalys by the arm as they arrived closer to the shore. She turned her head to look him in the eyes, only to notice the stern look he gave her, "Stay close to me." He warned her as if she were someone he needed to protect at all costs, "I can't protect you if you're going off on your own."

Annalys scoffed, rolling her eyes as she tugged her arm out of his grasps, "Who said I needed protecting?" She questioned him with an attitude, "I'm perfectly capable of doing it on my own."

Jon sighed in defeat, remaining silent as he simply nodded his head in response. Once arriving on the shores, Annalys, Tormund, and Jon were the first to step onto the unknown land.

Annalys glanced around, noticing everyone staring at her. She felt out of place, not just because she was a Southerner, but also because she found herself to be the only one with the infamous golden hair the Lannister's were known for. It was Winterfell all over again. It was an odd thing to realize, but it was true. Everyone around her had red hair, black hair, and dark brown hair. No one had her silky golden hair and it made her stick out like a sore thumb, even Jon and Tormund noticed it.

There was a moment of silence as Jon, Edd, and Annalys exchanged looks alongside the rest of their men with the Wildlings.

"You trust me, Jon Snow?" Tormund suddenly asked Jon as the two of them stood alongside Annalys, glancing around at the Wildlings around them uneasily.

"Does that make me a fool?" Jon responded, not looking the man in the eye.

"I guess the three of us are fools together, then," Annalys found herself saying and both Jon and Tormund nodded their heads slightly.