66

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 66. Off to King's Landing

   It had been a shocker that Annalys had been able to swim nearly all the way across the river while carrying Jaime

It had been a shocker that Annalys had been able to swim nearly all the way across the river while carrying Jaime. Jaime wore heavy armor and Annalys continued to wear her own armor, including her helmet to hide her identity.

She made sure to reach a shore of the lake that didn't have any Dothraki in sight. She couldn't risk it again. She couldn't believe she risked herself at all.

Saving Jaime had not only risked her life, but she also risked earning a true enemy of Daenerys Targaryen right when they were just starting to warm up to each other.

If Daenerys had found out that Annalys was saving Jaime, the man who tried to kill her, Daenerys would consider Annalys and the rest of the North an enemy and the same that happened to the Lannister soldiers would happen to her people in the North. But yet, she risked it. She risked everything, just for Jaime.

Annalys gasped for breath as she finally made it above the water with Jaime. Once they were in waist-deep water, she forced Jaime to wrap an arm around her shoulder as she assisted him in walking to the shore.

Not being able to hold them both up any longer, the duo fell forward onto the grass. Annalys let out a pain-filled grunt as she fell face-first into the ground, the metal of the helmet colliding with her nose in the worse way possible. She wouldn't be surprised if she removed the helmet to find her nose bleeding.

She groaned in frustration, looking down to see Jaime lying unconscious on his back. Knowing she couldn't leave without seeing for sure that he was okay, Annalys knelt next to him for a moment to see if he would wake.

She could see his chest moving through the armor, but it was clear he must have had water in his lungs. If the lessons from Maester at King's Landing when she was a child were correct, she knew she would have to hit him on a certain spot on his chest. She had no clue where, though. During her lessons, she never quite listened. All she wanted to do was fight, not learn about health and medical treatment even though she should have.

Annalys took a deep breath, balling her hands into fists as she got ready to try to do what she "learned" from the Maester. Before she could, Jaime suddenly began to cough, clearly choking on water.

Without a second thought, Annalys grabbed him by his shoulder and turned him onto his stomach. Jaime began to cough up all the water, much to Annalys' relief.

He was okay. She had sucessfully saved him.

As Jaime looked to be recovered, Annalys stood up, about to walk away. Jaime looked up at whom he presumed to be a man, a thankful look on his face, "Thank you, Ser," He thanked her, still not knowing it was his daughter.

Without saying a single word, Annalys began to walk away, causing Jaime to frown, "Who are you?" He suddenly asked, leading to Annalys freezing in place.