67

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 67. Goodbye For Now

  Later on that day, Annalys and Jon had been told by Tyrion that a message was sent to them by a raven and the duo was quick to find what it had said

Annalys and Jon stood beside each other, looking down at the scroll sent to them from Winterfell. After reading it, Annalys rolled it back up, she and Jon taking a moment to process the news, "I thought Arya was dead," Jon stated, but Annalys didn't think the same.

"I didn't," Annalys spoke up, shaking her head, "I saw her at the Red Wedding. Only a glimpse, of course, but she was there. I can't say the same about Bran. I thought he was dead."

"I'm happy for you both," Daenerys spoke up as she sat in a chair near where the duo stood, only to notice the looks on their faces, "You don't look happy."

"Bran saw the Night King and his army marching towards Eastwatch," Jon informed the group, a worried look on his face, "If they make it past the Wall..."

"The Wall has kept them out for thousands of years, presumably," Varys spoke up, only to have Annalys cut him off before he could continue.

"We need to go home," Annalys said in a stern tone, almost if she weren't taking no for an answer, but that was expected.

"You said you don't have enough men," Daenerys reminded Annalys, who looked to angered to care about the reminder.

"It seems we'll just fight with the men we have since it's clear you're not joining us," Annalys responded with an attitude, causing Daenerys to look taken aback.

What happened to her starting to be nice to her?

"How do you expect me to join you?" Daenerys asked Annalys in a stern tone, "Do you just expect me to go North and give the country to Cersei? As soon as I march away, she marches in."

Annalys opened her mouth to snap at Daenerys, only to cut off by Tyrion, "Perhaps not," He suddenly said, leading to the entire group to turn to him, "Cersei thinks the Army of the Dead is nothing but a story made up by wet nurses to frighten children. What if we prove her wrong?"

"And how do you expect me to do that, Uncle?" Annalys asked her uncle in annoyance, "My mother is just as stubborn as I am, if not more. Do you really believe she'll come see the dead at our invitation?" She paused, only to have her eyes widen in realization, "Unless we bring the dead to her..."

"Correct," Tyrion replied, nodding his head in agreement.

"I thought that was what we were trying to avoid," Daenerys pointed out to the group.

"We don't have to bring the whole army," Tyrion reminded Daenerys in a calm tone as he turned to look at Annalys and Jon, "Only one soldier."

"Is that possible?" Ser Davos asked the duo, noticing the way Annalys and Jon looked at each other as though they were trying to think up a plan.