29

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 29. Overprotective Father 

 In the Great Sept of Baelor, Joffrey's body laid on a table in the center of the room and Annalys, who was able to find a way in without the guards seeing, stood in front of her younger brother's body, "You failed, Joffrey

In the Great Sept of Baelor, Joffrey's body laid on a table in the center of the room and Annalys, who was able to find a way in without the guards seeing, stood in front of her younger brother's body, "You failed, Joffrey. Once again, you failed," She spoke up in a calm tone, her expression almost emotionless, "I will go on living while you go to the deepest of the sevens hells, or wherever monsters like you go."

Annalys laughed humorlessly, wiping the tears that began to stream down her cheeks, "You know, my entire life, I feared you. I know, I didn't show it until returning back, but I truly feared you. You may not have hurt me physically before my return, but mentally, you fucked me up for life. My entire life, I knew you were jealous of me. I was better than you at archery. I was better than you with a sword. The people of Kings Landing love me more as 'Robb Stark's Whore' than they ever loved you. I had more courage and intelligence than you ever had. I was better fit to rule and I was always mother's favorite, which you hated. I know you were one of the individuals behind my husband's death and for that, I'm glad you're dead."

Annalys was silent for a long moment, finding joy in the fact that even after they tried to clean his body as much as they could, the embalmers were unable to hide the horror that occurred during his death, "I dare people to try and come after me as you did. To threaten my survival. As you and everyone else who has ever wronged me dies, I will be the one left standing. None of you will ever destroy me," She explained in a cold and almost emotionless tone, "You ordered people to beat me, torture me, and you forced me to look upon my husband's decapitated head. But you know what, little brother? Everything you have done in an attempt to break me has only made me stronger in the end," She paused, finding herself consumed with anger, which led to her screaming at Joffrey's dead body, "The only thing I regret is that I hadn't been the one to kill you!"

Annalys screamed out in rage, spitting on Joffrey's corpse. Just as she did so, Cersei walked in, walking down the steps to speak to her daughter face to face, "I think that's enough, Annalys." She spoke up in a calm, yet stern tone.

"Not even close, Mother," Annalys replied calmly, coldly staring down at Joffrey's body for a moment before turning look at her mother.

With that, Annalys walked past Cersei, making her way up the steps and back to the castle.

When Annalys reached the castle, she ended up finding Prince Oberyn and immediately walked over to him, "Prince Oberyn," She called out, causing the man to turn to her and bow his head in a form of a greeting.

"Your Grace," He responded and Annalys tried her best to act as if he didn't address her as a queen once more during the conversations, "Your brother's death was a tragedy. I'm sorry for your loss."

Annalys scoffed, shaking her head at Prince Oberyn's remark, "Oh, please, we both know Joffrey's death wasn't considered a loss to any of us. It was a win," She responded and Prince Oberyn smiled slightly, even though he tried his hardest not to.