22

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 22. The Rains of Castamere

 Later on, at the wedding celebration, a band was playing music on the balcony of the hall

Later on, at the wedding celebration, a band was playing music on the balcony of the hall. Walder Frey was seated on the high chair at the main table, underneath the balcony where the musicians were playing while seated to his left were Roslin and Edmure. Seated to his Walder's right was his wife, Joyeus Frey. Stark men and Frey men and women were all celebrating the marriage between Edmure and Roslin.

  Annalys smiled as she looked around. She was seated at a table towards the front, near Walder's main table. Lothar Frey, one of Walder's many sons, sat beside her, "Well, this is quite interesting to watch," She remarked, gesturing to everything around her, a small smile on her face.

It had been a while since she had been to a celebration. She missed it dearly. There was always one being held back at Kings Landing. It had to be what she missed most about her former home.

"That it is," Lothar responded, leaning closer to speak to her privately. Before he could attempt to open his mouth and make a move on Annalys, Robb walked over, which caused Lothar to immediately back away.

Robb took a seat beside Annalys, both of them sending a smile to each other. They knew what had just happened and they couldn't help but feel amused. The couple turned their heads, noticing how after Brynden left the room, which left Catelyn alone with Roose Bolton, "My mother's alone with Roose Bolton. I should rescue her." Robb told Annalys, both of them smiling at Catelyn.

"Your mother is less in need of rescue than any woman I've ever met. Even myself," She remarked, causing Robb to her a pointed look.

"Be kind. She's finally starting to like you again," He warned her, even though his tone was playful.

"And I've always liked her. But if she had her way, I would be back in Kings Landing where I belong, having to deal with Joffrey's torment every day," She paused, letting out a sigh as she turned to look at Edmure and Roslin, "And you would be over there, eating fruit out of Lady Roslin Frey's hand."

"Perhaps I've made a terrible mistake, then," Robb remarked, smiling since he knew it would tick Annalys off.

Annalys jokingly gasped, lifting her hand to strike Robb. He caught her hand before she could do so, both of them smiling, "Striking your king is an act of treason," He continued on with their playful bickering.

Annalys smirked, leaning closer to Robb as their lips almost touched, "Well, perhaps you should punish me then." She whispered to him softly, causing Robb to smile.

Robb and Annalys stared intently at each other, giving each other a look that made it seem as though it was taking everything within them not to tear each other's clothes off right then and there.

Robb attempted to kiss her, but Annalys dodged the kiss, glancing around worriedly before turning back to look him in the eyes. She stared at him closely for a moment. She placed a hand on the side of his face, leaning forward before pressing her lips against his. Knowing that if they kissed any longer, people would start to look at them, Robb pulled away, looking into Annalys' eyes with such love and admiration, "I love you more than you'll ever know." he told her quietly and Annalys smiled in return, "You being my wife and the mother of my children is the greatest gift I could ever ask for."