92

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 92. Highgarden

At a Winterfell House, Jaime, Annalys, and Tyrion sat by the fire, having one last good moment together before Tyrion was off to battle while Jaime and Annalys stayed, "So she's going to stay here with you?" Tyrion asked his brother in shock after...

At a Winterfell House, Jaime, Annalys, and Tyrion sat by the fire, having one last good moment together before Tyrion was off to battle while Jaime and Annalys stayed, "So she's going to stay here with you?" Tyrion asked his brother in shock after hearing about Jaime and Brienne.

Annalys should have been disgusted while hearing about what had happened between her father and Brienne, but she found herself feeling happy for him. He deserved better than Cersei, especially since Cersei was his twin sister.

Jaime inhaled sharply, nodding his head in confirmation, "She's sworn to protect the Stark girls, so..." He trailed off, letting out a sigh in defeat.

Jaime turned to look at Tyrion and Annalys, who remained silent as they nodded in understanding. Jaime was clearly waiting for a reaction out of the duo. He was expecting a snide and dirty remark from Tyrion and a comment from Annalys soon after, telling them both to shut up and stop talking about it.

"Say something snide," Jaime spoke to Tyrion, looking down at the mug of wine in front of him, "It's the only way we'll get to hear what Annalys is just dying to say."

Tyrion chuckled, knowing he too, was yearning to know what Annalys had to say about it all. He and Jaime were expecting a mouthful of scolding and numerous minutes of her telling them that they were disgusting. But in the end, she would either accept that Jaime had found someone new or not like the idea.

"What do you mean?" Annalys surprisingly ended up speaking before Tyrion, "I'm happy for you, Jaime. I'm happy that you've finally stopped fucking someone who isn't your twin sister."

"You really love to rub that in my face, don't you?" Jaime complained and Annalys smiled mischievously.

"More than anything," She responded, letting out a loud laugh before she turned to Tyrion, "What about you, Uncle? What do you think of it?"

"I'm happy that he'll finally have to climb for it," Tyrion commented and instead of Annalys looking disgusted as they expected her to, she laughed.

Jaime found himself laughing as well, having a feeling that Tyrion was going to make a tall joke. Annalys did as well.  It was the most "Tyrion" thing he could say.

"Do you know how long I've waited to tell tall-person jokes?" Tyrion asked, glancing between Jaime and Annalys, who sat on both sides of him.

"A very long time, I gather," Annalys remarked, causing Jaime to smile and shake his head.

Tyrion raised his glass, ready to make a toast, "To climbing mountains." He spoke loudly and both Jaime and Annalys lifted their glasses as well.

They clinked their glasses with Tyrion's, repeating after him, "To climbing mountains." They repeated, just not sounding as enthusiastic as Tyrion.