2

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 02. Bullseye

    That night, at the feast, servants were bringing out food, music was playing, and all the men and women of the castle were having fun and enjoying themselves

From where she stood near her mother and Catelyn Stark, Annalys watched a female servant pouring her father a drink. After she did so, Robert pulled her close to him and started getting handsy with her. At the high table, The three women watched closely, Catelyn looking slightly embarrassed while Cersei looked disgusted.

"Dear Gods," Annalys muttered under her breath before walking toward a nearly empty table. She took a seat, picking up a random mug off the table, sniffing it to determine what it was. She figured out it was ale, but didn't care and began to drink it until Joffrey walked up to her, taking a seat beside his elder sister.

She drank the rest of the mug of ale before setting it down. Joffrey continued to stare at her with a smug look, causing Annalys to roll her eyes as she turned to face him, "Yes?" She questioned her younger brother, sounding annoyed to be near him.

"Have you heard?" He questioned Annalys, smirking evilly.

"Heard what, Joffrey?" She asked her brother annoyed, "There's lots to hear in Winterfell. You must be specific."

"I am not the only Baratheon that is to be wed to a Stark," Joffrey informed Annalys, whose eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she gave him a puzzled look.

Annalys frowned in confusion, not knowing what Joffrey meant, "What?" She questioned, beginning to realize that Joffrey was referring to her.

"Mother says that Father wants to marry you off to Robb Stark during our stay here," Joffrey informed his sister, continuing to have a smug look on his face, "She attempted to talk him out of it, but Father wouldn't take no for an answer."

"But your betrothal to Sansa hasn't even been finalized yet," Annalys reminded Joffrey, frowning in concern.

"I know. The same can't be said about you and Robb," Joffrey began to explain to his sister, "They're finalizing everything regarding your wedding tonight. You'll be a married woman within a fortnight."

Annalys clenched her jaw in anger, quickly standing up before fleeing the scene, causing Joffrey to smirk in satisfaction.

Annalys walked out of the castle and into the courtyard to find Jon standing outside alone, hitting a fencing dummy filled with straw ferociously with his sword.

Annalys smiled, walking up to the boy while Jon still didn't notice her "Is he dead yet?" She suddenly spoke up, causing Jon to immediately stop what he was doing.

Jon froze, slowly turning to face Annalys with a puzzled look on his face, "My apologies. That was rude of me. Am I interrupting something?" She asked politely, realizing that she hadn't even greeted the boy yet.