24

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 24. All For You, Sister

  The following morning, Annalys woke up early

  The following morning, Annalys woke up early. Earlier than the majority of the castle, in fact. During the War of the Five Kings, Annalys had gotten used to waking up at first light, which people in Kings Landing were definitely not used to. Annalys enjoyed waking up at first light, too. It was the only time it was truly quiet.

Annalys sat in the dining hall alone, now fully dressed and bathed. She had done it on her own, no handmaidens or servants being there to insist on helping her since it had been so early. Now, the servants were awake, standing beside Annalys as she sat at the table.

They attempted to convince Annalys to eat, but the blonde refused to do so, "You must eat, princess." One of the servants insisted, causing Annalys to scoff.

It was odd for her to be called Princess after nearly three years being called "My Queen" or "Your Grace." It felt almost felt foreign to her.

Annalys scrunched her nose in disgust, pushing the plate away from her, "No. For all I know, it's poisoned." She complained, not even realizing a familiar person was beginning to walk toward her.

  "Eat, child." A familiar voice spoke up, causing Annalys' eyes to widen as she turned to see Tyrion walking toward her, which almost felt like a relief to her.

Out of all the people in King's Landing, Tyrion was the only one she knew she could truly trust without ever having to have doubts about his intentions.

  Annalys watched as Tyrion took a seat next to her, slowly turning his head to look directly at the servants, "Leave us." He ordered and the servants slightly bowed their heads before leaving. Once they were gone, Tyrion turned to Annalys with soft eyes, "Annalys. Talk to me."

"He died in my arms, Uncle," She confessed to Tyrion, the man being the only one she felt like she could talk to about it without having to feel inclined to, "I can't get the picture out of my mind. The blood. The screams from all the men. My men. Lord Frey's laugh. They cut off Robb's head and placed it on a stick. They cut Grey Wind's head off his body and placed it on Robb's corpse. I can never stop thinking about it," She admitted before turning to Tyrion, "Why am I the only one still alive? Why not kill me like the others?"

"Your mother," Tyrion responded without hesitation, causing Annalys to sigh as she cradled her stomach. The male Lannister immediately noticed her doing so and his eyes widened in shock, "My Gods. You're with child."

Annalys remained silent, nodding her head in confirmation, "Tell me what I've missed in my absence." She suggested and Tyrion immediately began to explain.

"Many things, but most recently, Myrcella was sent to Dorne to marry the prince's son. Sansa and I were forced to be married. Joffrey plans to marry a Tyrell girl. Jaime, as you know, is back--" Tyrion began to continue telling her everything she missed, but as she thought about it, Annalys immediately realized that everything she missed had been something bad, which didn't help her forget her own problems in the slightest.