84

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 84. Intoxication

   "Well, what do we have here?" Ser Davos suddenly spoke up as he entered the Great Hall with Tormund, causing Annalys to smile

"Ser Davos! Tormund!" Annalys happily greeted them and while Ser Davos looked concerned by her being drunk, Tormund was content about it, "Join us. There's more than enough wine and chairs for everyone."

"No, none for me, thanks," Ser Davos assured her in a calm tone as he gestured toward the fire, "Came for this. I figured I could wait to die freezing my balls off out there or wait to die nice and warm in here."

"Good choice," Annalys responded, beginning to smile as she saw the way Tormund looked at Brienne.

Tormund walked up to Brienne, just before he stood in front of her, "It could be our last night in this world, you know." He told Brienne, a mischievous look on his face.

Jaime, who was sitting next to Brienne, immediately glanced up, which Annalys noticed. She was drunk, but she wasn't blind, "Yes, well, I'm glad you're here," She paused, only to notice that Tormund took it the wrong way, "Here, fighting with us. Glad you survived Eastwatch."

"Would you like a drink, Tormund?" Annalys asked her friend, only to watch as Tormund lifted up his drinking horn.

"Brought my own," Tormund informed Annalys with a smile on his face. He turned to look at Jaime, then over to Brienne then back at Jaime again, "They call you 'King Killer.'" He stated, clearly having a distaste for Jaime.

"I'm sure someone does," Jaime sarcastically responded, glancing over at Annalys, who seemed to be smiling as she watched them converse.

"They call me 'Giantsbane.' Want to know why?" Tormund asked curiously and Jaime sighed, turning to look over at Annalys who was too busy drinking her wine to even attempt to help him and the rest of them out of hearing Tormund's story.

Tormund grabbed a wooden chair, placing it with his back to the fire so that he was facing Jaime, Annalys, and Brienne. After sitting down, the man leaned forward in his seat, "I killed a giant when I was ten. Then I climbed right into bed with his wife." He explained and Annalys turned to her friend, clearly perplexed, "When she woke up, you know what she did? Suckled me at her teat for three months. Thought I was her baby. That's how I got so strong. Giant's milk."

Tormund raised the horn to his mouth, starting to drink from it whilst gulping noisily. Everyone stared at him as the drink poured out of the horn, mostly down his front. Annalys, however, watched in amusement, a large smile on her face.

"Maybe I will have that drink," Ser Davos suddenly spoke up, baffled by Tormund's actions.

_____

Later on, the group remained sitting by the fire, Annalys beginning to sober up after Jaime refused to let her drink anymore.

"It's strange, isn't it?" Tyrion suddenly spoke up, causing the group to turn to him, "Almost everyone here's fought the Starks at one time or another."