10

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 10. Father/Daughter reunion

In the Riverlands, just outside the Twins, a raven flew out of one of the windows of the Frey castle when suddenly, an arrow ended up hitting it and killed it instantly

Annalys, who was the one to have fired the arrow that killed the raven, stood in place as Theon, who was annoyed, walked over to it and retrieved the message it was carrying.

He turned to look at Annalys, who smiled menacingly at him since she had hit the Raven with the arrow before he could, proving to herself that she was quicker and better than him at archery for the second time since meeting him.

The duo ended up bringing it back to Robb, who was standing with a group of his advisors, including Catelyn, Rodrick, and Greatjon. After being handed the message, Robb briefly read through the letter before turning to speak to the group, "It's a birthday message to his grand-niece Walda." He informed the group, causing Annalys to smile and shake her head.

Clearly doubtful, Theon was quick to speak up, "Or so Walder Frey would have you think." He remarked skeptically.

Catelyn turned to Theon, letting out a sigh, "Keep shooting them down. Annalys, stay here with us," She ordered and both Theon and Annalys nodded, "We can't risk Lord Walder sending word of your movements to the Lannisters."

"He's Grandfather's bannerman. We can't expect Lord Walder's support?" Robb asked his mother in disbelief.

"Expect nothing of Walder Frey and you'll never be surprised," Greatjon remarked and Annalys couldn't help but feel as though she agreed.

"The man's nothing but filth," Annalys spoke up, a disgusted look on her face at thought of the man, "He'll warm up to you, call you his greatest friend, and when he's done with you, he will slit your throat in your sleep and throw your corpse into the River," She paused, noticing something in the distance, "Look."

   Once hearing Annalys' words, the entire group turned their attention to two riders approaching, with the banners of House Frey, "Father rots in a dungeon. How long before they take his head?" Robb complained as Rodrick turned to him.

"And this is why we need to cross," Annalys commented, gesturing her hand toward the bridge across the river.

"Just march up to the gates and tell him you're crossing," Theon insisted, "We've got five times his numbers. You can take the Twins if you have to."

"Not in time," Greatjon pointed out, causing Robb and Annalys to turn to him, "Tywin Lannister marches north as we speak."

"The Freys have held the crossing for 600 years, and for 600 years they have never failed to exact their toll." Catelyn pointed out to the group, causing Annalys to sigh out.

  Robb turned to face Theon, "Have my horse and Annalys' saddled and ready." He instructed Theon, who nodded.

Greatjon turned to face Robb, clearly surprised, "Enter the Twins alone with the princess and he'll sell you both to the Lannisters as he likes!" He exclaimed in disbelief.