103

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 103. Farewell

    Just hours later, Annalys stood with Sansa and Arya along with Bran at the sea wall, watching as Jon made his way over to them

Just hours later, Annalys stood with Sansa and Arya along with Bran at the sea wall, watching as Jon made his way over to them. Annalys was able to spare his life, but was forced to send him to the Night's Watch.

However, Annalys knew that was what Jon would want. There wasn't a Night's Watch, which meant he would go beyond the Wall with Tormund and the rest of the Wildlings. Annalys knew that was perfect for Jon. He belonged with the Wildlings. Annalys knew he would be happy with them, happier than he would be anywhere else.

  Annalys and Sansa had made a contract type treaty, which would have the Kingdom of the North and the Six Kingdoms at peace and allied for hundreds of years after their deaths. They knew they were at peace at that moment, but what would have happened if the people who ruled after them tried to fight against each other? They refused to have that happen, which led to them making the treaty.

Jon stopped walking when he reached the group of five. Annalys stared into Jon's eyes, a deeply saddened look on her face, "I wish there had been another way, Jon. I really do," Annalys confessed, tears welled in her eyes, "Can you forgive me?"

"The North is free, thanks to you," Jon assured her, grabbing Annalys' left hand and holding it in his own as he squeezed it in comfort.

"Aye, but they lost their king," Sansa paused, smiling slightly as she looked over at Annalys, "And their queen."

"Ned Stark's daughter will speak for them," Jon reminded Sansa as he let go of Annalys' hand, "She's the best they could ask for."

Tears welled in her eyes, Sansa tightly hugged her brother, trying her hardest not to cry. After they pulled away from each other, Jon turned to Arya, placing a hand on the girl's shoulder, "You can come see me, you know, at Castle Black." He pointed out to his youngest sister in a calm tone.

"I can't," Arya confessed, shaking her head in response.

"You think anyone will dare tell you women aren't allowed?" Jon asked, smiling softly, "Annalys spent two years there. If she can, you definitely can."

Arya quietly chuckled, shaking her head once more, "I'm not going back North." She suddenly said, causing the whole group to look shocked.

"Where are you going?" Sansa asked her younger sister, a confused look on her face.

"What's west of Westeros?" Arya suddenly asked and Annalys smiled, thinking it to be a pretty interesting question.

What was west of Westeros? Annalys didn't have the slightest clue. No one did.

"I don't know," Jon confessed, chuckling softly.

"No one knows. It's where all the maps stop. That's where I'm going," Arya informed the group, a smile on her face at the thought of her journey.