46

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 46. Resurrection 

   Later that night, when Alliser and his men arrived, they pointed crossbows at the door to Annalys' chambers once more

Later that night, when Alliser and his men arrived, they pointed crossbows at the door to Annalys' chambers once more. The same men that were with Alliser earlier that day were with him while the ones faithful to Jon and Annalys stood with Annalys in her room alongside Ser Davos and Ghost.

   "It's time, Ser Davos," Ser Alliser spoke to the man in a calm, yet stern tone, "Open the door and the men inside can rejoin their brothers in peace. The princess can return South and we'll even set the wolf free north of the Wall, where it belongs. Nobody needs to die tonight."

Davos sighed, turning to address the Night's Watch faithful, "I've never been much of a fighter." He stated, causing Annalys roll her eyes as she walked closer to the door.

"Pity for you," Annalys rudely remarked, walking over to Longclaw, Jon's sword, before she tossed it to Ser Davos, still sheathed, "Tonight we all are," She paused, turning toward the rest of the men, "My apologies for what you're about to see. This is going to get bloody. Very bloody."

Annalys unsheathed Lady's Wrath, spinning it in her left hand. The men faithful to her followed in suit, drawing their own blades while Ser Davos did the same with Longclaw.

"Come on." She could hear Alliser Thorne command his man, just before the men began to slam large hammer against the door repeatedly.

Annalys stood closest to the door, Ghost standing at her side, growling a barking at the men who attempted to enter.

  Annalys glanced around at the men around her. She nodded her head as a way to tell them to be prepared. She turned back toward the door, gripping onto Lady's Wrath.

  After numerous hard swings, the Night's Watchman with the hammer broke a hole in the door, just before a loud thudding was heard somewhere behind the door.

Annalys smiled, knowing what the sound was. Wun Wun. Just then, Annalys' smile began even larger when she heard the sound of the main gate of Castle bursting open before she heard the yells coming from the Wildlings, presumably led by Tormund and Edd.

   "Attack!" She heard Alliser yell before she heard the sound of men drawing their swords, "Fight, you cowards!"

She continued to hear the sounds of fighting before finally, the heard the sound of victory. The Wildlings had come to their aid and won against the Night's Watchmen.

Soon after, Tormund and Edd entered the room after Annalys opened the door for them. Tormund walked over to Jon's body, a saddened look on his face at the sight of the man, "Took a lot of knives. I'll have my men get the wood for a fire. Bodies to burn." He told the man and Annalys nodded her head in response.

Tormund turned to look at Annalys, a look of concern on his face when he saw Annalys' state. She hadn't had time to change. She refused to leave Jon's side after she brought Ghost up her.