85

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 85. I'll See You

 "Look down the West Wall," Annalys shouted to some soldiers as she made her way around the front of Winterfell, "You, get down to the crypt! Quickly, now! Quickly!"

Annalys walked around, giving different orders to different men on the battlefield, "Get those in position," She ordered and the men immediately obeyed.

Just then, Annalys turned her head, seeing Theon pushing Bran in his wheelchair with Alys Karstark and some Ironborn walking with him, "Good luck. Leave from the back, it's the quickest way around the walls I've had made," Annalys told the group with a small smile on her face, "Be careful."

"I'll see you soon, Annalys," Bran suddenly said, causing Annalys to turn to him with wide eyes as Theon continued to push him away. How the hell did he know? She sighed in defeat, deciding not to question it as she shook her head and continued on with what she was doing.

Nearly half an hour had passed and there was still no sign of the Army of the Dead. Annalys sat on her horse at the front of the men and women of the left flank, seeing as though she was their commander. She carried her bow, preparing to charge toward the Dothraki so that she could set the wall aflame herself.

Annalys heard the roar of a dragon, causing her to look up to see the dragons flying up ahead, Daenerys riding Drogon and Jon riding Rhaegal in the night sky.

Every single member of the army of the living waited impatiently for the arrival of the Army of the Dead. Most of them knew they would die that night, but they also knew they were dying for a great cause. Annalys, however, couldn't figure out if she were going to die. She began to think, was the reason she survived everything she had because she was destined to die in the Great War or did all those survivals prove that she could survive anything? She didn't know and for once, Annalys had no way of trying to figure it out.

She began to think of the prophecy Sam had informed her about. If the prophecy was true, she would be killing the Night King that night. Soon after, however, she would become queen of the Seven Kingdoms and have children who would "unite the world", as the book put it.

The Dothraki stood at the front of the army, hundreds of meters away. She could barely see them through the wooden chevrons about fifty meters in front of her and her men. Riverland Archers stood in front of them and on top of them. Through the gaps, she could see some Unsullied and the Mountain Clans standing in their readied positions, more archers in front of them and behind the large trench that was dug deep into the dirt.

She had to squint to Dothraki beyond standing, standing as far away from the first wall as they could without falling into the trench. After all, the second the Wights revealed themselves, the entire wall would erupt in wildfire by Annalys' hand.

Annalys sat on horseback in front of the Northern soldiers that were on foot. Brienne stood to Annalys' left while Jaime stood to his daughter's right. Podrick stood on the other side of Brienne, trying his hardest to look confident and not scared. But in all honesty, there was no reason for him to try to hide it. Everyone there was scared. Most of them were going to die by sunrise, yet they were supposed to remain calm? It was impossible.