65

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 65. Lifesaver

    Later on that day, Jon, Ser Davos, and Annalys walked along the stone path surrounding Dragonstone, wanting to speak alone without anyone hovering

"What do you think of her?" Ser Davos suddenly asked Jon and Annalys, causing the duo to immediately turn to him.

"Who?" Annalys asked as if she were confused, but it was clear she knew exactly who he was talking about.

Ser Davos sighed in response, "I believe you both know of whom I speak," He replied, only to gesture toward Annalys, "Especially you."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Annalys questioned, an offended look on her face.

"She snaps easily,"  Jon spoke up, clearly not thinking anything good about Daenerys, "Especially when she doesn't get what she wants."

"I believe she has a good heart," Annalys suddenly said, causing both Jon and Ser Davos to turn to her with raised brows, "What?"

"A good heart?" Ser Davos questioned, only to let out a scoff, "I've noticed you staring at that good heart."

"And what's that supposed to mean?" Annalys complained, an offended look on her face.

"You find her pretty, you've said it yourself," Ser Davos pointed out, causing Annalys to try her hardest not to smile as she avoided eye contact with him.

Jon stared Annalys for a moment, confused as to the way she was reacting. It was almost as though he was jealous, which deep down, he was.

"So what if I do?" She asked, only to have her mood quickly change, "There's no time for any of that anyway. Jon and I saw the Night King, Ser Davos. I looked into his eyes. His cold, blue eyes. Defeating him is my only priority right now."

"How many men do we have in the North to fight him?" Jon suddenly asked, cutting Annalys off, "Ten thousand? Less?"

"Fewer," Annalys muttered under her breath, rolling her eyes.

"What was that?" Jon asked, clearly not hearing what Annalys had said.

"Speaking of good hearts," Ser Davos quickly spoke up, looking up ahead to see Missandei, "Missandei of Naath."

Missandei quickly turned to face Ser Davos, Jon, and Annalys after hearing her name, "Ser Davos. Lady Annalys. Lord Snow."

"Queen Annalys and King Snow, isn't it?" Ser Davos corrected her, only to frown in confusion, "No, that doesn't sound right. King Jon?"

"It doesn't matter," Jon quickly responded, not wanting to talk of his title any longer.

"Forgive me, but may I ask a question?" Missandei asked Jon, causing him to turn to look her in the eye.