44

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 44. Lannister Whore

Annalys ran as fast as she could, checking every closed door for one that was unlocked, but she found no luck in doing so

Annalys ran as fast as she could, checking every closed door for one that was unlocked, but she found no luck in doing so. The only one she knew was unlocked was the kitchen. She sighed in defeat, panting for breath as she ran into the kitchen.

She attempted to close the door and lock it, but the four men ended up arriving just in time. She tried to fight against them as they attempted to push the door open. With all her weight pushed against the door, she still struggled to close it all the way.

The men ended up overpowering her and the door ended up hitting her right in the face because of the force they put into opening it. She cried out, feeling the warm crimson liquid spilling from the newly opened cut just across the bridge of her nose.

She attempted to run in the direction of the knives, only to have one of the men roughly grab her by the arm. She whipped herself around, punching him in the jaw. He groaned in pain, stumbling to the ground as he slowly recovered from her hard hit. She could feel the painful sensation in her knuckles after all the force she put into punching the hard-jawed man. She winced in pain, wiggling her fingers to make sure her knuckles weren't broken.

Another man attempted to stab her with the dagger he held in his hand, but Annalys grabbed his arm before he could do so. She tightly held onto his arm, lifting her foot up and kicking him in the groin. She grabbed a rolling pin off the table, striking another man in the stomach with it. He grunted, falling forward and onto the ground. A fourth man attempted to punch her, but she blocked the hit with her right arm before she punched him in the nose with her left.

The first had recovered and tried to lunge at her, but she picked the rolling pin off the ground and used it to trip him. As he fell forward, she hit him on the back with it at full force. Before she could react, two men grabbed her by the arms, holding her back as another stepped her forward and punched her in the face at the full force.

He raised his once more to do it again, but she kicked him in the stomach and began to run toward the door. The two men ended up grabbing her once more, leading her to angrily glaring at them, "Let me go!" She screamed, attempting to kick them, which was no use.

After the two men let go of her, the man who had formerly punched her stepped forward and ended up backhanding her as well. He was stronger than the other man and far bigger. His strength led to her body whipping around before she fell to the ground, face first. She grunted in pain but didn't cry out. She could take the hit, she had gone through worse just the week before in Hardhome.

  However, she was weak already because of Hardhome. She nearly broke her back from when the White Walker pushed her from a spot about twelve feet above the ground. The wound on her side was also nowhere near healed and she also had the gash on her forehead.