52

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 52. Call the Vale

 Numerous days later, on the outskirts of Winterfell, Annalys, Jon, Sansa, Ser Davos, Lyanna, Tormund, and some other bannermen who were still loyal to House Stark sat on horseback, waiting for Ramsay to arrive

"You don't have to be here," Jon said, turning to look at Sansa.

"Yes, I do," Sansa argued in a stern tone.

Soon enough, Ramsay, Harald Karstark, Smalljon Umber, and a group of Bolton soldiers approached them on horseback, coming to a halt in front of Jon, Annalys, and the rest of their group.

"My beloved wife. I've missed you terribly," Ramsay smirked at Sansa, just before he turned to look at Jon, "Thank you for returning Lady Bolton safely. Now, dismount and kneel before me, surrender your army and proclaim me the true Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North. I will pardon you for deserting the Night's Watch. I will pardon these treasonous lords for betraying my house. Come, bastard, you don't have the men, you don't have the horses, and you don't have Winterfell. Why lead those pour souls into slaughter? There's no need for a battle. Get off your horse and kneel. I'm a man of mercy."

Annalys quietly scoffed, rolling her eyes at him claiming that he would show them "Mercy"

Joffrey had said the same thing to Sansa about Ned and he ended up beheading him.

"You're right. There's no need for a battle. Thousands of men don't need to die. Only one of us. Let's end this the old way. You against me." Jon challenged Ramsay, causing Annalys to frown as she felt some bit of familiarity.

Robb had said the same to Jaime nearly five years before when they held him hostage during the war.

After hearing Jon's proposal, Ramsay began to chuckle, "I keep hearing stories about you, bastard. The way people in the North talk about you, you're one of the greatest swordsmen who ever walked. Maybe you are that good. Maybe not. I don't know if I'd beat you. But I know that my army will beat yours. I have six thousand men. You have, what, half that? Not even?" He explained, a large smirk on his face.

"Aye, you have the numbers. Will your men want to fight for you when they hear you wouldn't fight for them?" Jon questioned, knowing it would piss Ramsay off.

Ramsay smiled in amusement, pointing at Jon, "He's good. Very good. Tell me, will you let your little brother die because you're too proud to surrender?" He asked, causing Annalys to tense up a bit.

"How do we know you have him?" Annalys spoke up, raising a brow at the man.

Ramsay turned his head and nodded to Smalljon, who pulled Shaggydog's head out from a satchel and throws it on the ground. A saddened look grew on her face. Yet another direwolf killed by the Stark's enemies. If she was correct, Ghost was the only one left living.