59

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 59. King Jon

  After meeting with their bannermen in the dining hall, Annalys walked outside with Jon and Sansa, still angered about what had happened, "You are my queen, but I am king now, Annalys," Jon pointed out to Annalys in a stern tone, "Queens are supp...

After meeting with their bannermen in the dining hall, Annalys walked outside with Jon and Sansa, still angered about what had happened, "You are my queen, but I am king now, Annalys," Jon pointed out to Annalys in a stern tone, "Queens are supposed to agree with their King, not argue against him."

Annalys found herself laughing loudly, a smile growing on her face, "King, you say?" She questioned in a mocking tone, "Well, King Jon, will you start wearing a crown now? You know, to prove how 'superior' you are to your queen?"

"When you and Sansa question my decisions in front of the other lords and ladies, you undermine me," Jon explained to Annalys, who seemed to not have a single care in the world about what he was trying to tell her.

"So we can't question your decisions anymore?" Sansa asked Jon in disbelief, "Annalys is queen, she has every right to make decisions as you do, despite what you think."

"Of course, she can, but--" Jon began to say, only to have Annalys cut him off.

"My brother Joffrey never let anyone question his authority," Annalys pointed out to Jon, "Whenever I did, he shut me up by beating me or humiliating me in front of all the lords and ladies of King's Landing, do you think he was a good king?"

Jon stopped walking, causing Annalys and Sansa to do the same soon after. He frowned, staring at Annalys in disbelief after she compared him to her mad brother, "Do you truly think I'm Joffrey?" He asked her, sounding almost hurt by her words.

Annalys remained silent for a long moment. She let out a sigh in defeat before finally responding, "You're nothing like that bastard who claimed himself King of the Seven Kingdoms, Jon." She assured Jon, who seemed relieved by her statement.

"Thank you," He replied quietly, his voice just above a whisper.

Annalys had only mentioned Joffrey to snap some sense into Jon, but it seemed as though the advice had no effect on him.

"You're good at this, you know," Sansa spoke up, a smile on her face as she glanced between both Jon and Annalys, "Both of you."

In all honesty, Sansa was mostly speaking to Annalys, but she knew she had to include Jon before even more conflict began.

"At what?" Jon questioned, not looking Sansa directly in the eyes.

"At ruling," Sansa responded, causing Annalys to look a bit shocked by what she had said.

"No," Annalys sighed, shaking her head in response, "If I was any good at ruling, I wouldn't have lost Robb and the North all those years ago."

"You are," Sansa argued, a small smile on her face, "As is Jon. But the two of you would be much better at it if you agreed with one another. Annalys, you and Robb agreed on everything. You were partners, both in war and in ruling. If you and Jon do the same, you will be great rulers."