74

LION AMONG WOLVES
—74. Infatuation

  As Daenerys' fleet of ships arrived at King's Landing, Annalys made her way out of the room she had been healing in

As Daenerys' fleet of ships arrived at King's Landing, Annalys made her way out of the room she had been healing in. She was still not fully healed from her injuries, but she wasn't going to let that stop her from going. She stood with Davos and Jon at the front of the ship. The duo had been worried for her wellbeing and was glad when they found out she was going to live.

Jon had been confused when Annalys begged him to bend the knee to Daenerys alongside her, but soon agreed to it. Tyrion walked over to the trio to stand next to them, "How many people live here?" Jon suddenly spoke up and before Tyrion could answer, Annalys did it for him.

"About a million, last time I checked," Annalys informed Jon in a calm tone.

"That's more people than the entire North crammed into that," Jon responded in a calm tone, "Why would anyone want to live that way?"

"There's more work in the city," Tyrion replied without hesitation before deciding to make a vulgar comment, "And brothels are far superior."

"Of course you would be the one to know that," Annalys scoffed loudly, playfully rolling her eyes at her uncle before turning to walk away.

_____

At the Red Keep, Cersei stood at the highest point, overlooking the city, "Why isn't she with them?" Cersei asked, referring to Daenerys when she heard the Dragon Queen wasn't with her army.

"I'm afraid I don't know, Your Grace," Qyburn replied in a calm tone, "No one has seen her."

"And the rest of them?" She questioned, not turning to look the man in the eye as she spoke to him.

"They're on their way to the Dragonpit now," Qyburn informed her, waiting for the moment where Cersei asked about her daughter, which he knew would happen.

"Including our brother?" Cersei questioned, still not turning to look at her Hand and maester.

Jaime, who stood behind Qyburn, nodded his head, "Yes, Your Grace," Qyburn answered for Jaime and Cersei remained a straight face.

Cersei sighed, turning to face the man, "What of my daughter?" She asked curiously, raising a brow at the men.

"She is with them as well, Your Grace," Qyburn responded in a calm tone.

"Good," Cersei stated, just before she began to walk away from them and toward the Mountain, "If anything goes wrong, killed the silver-haired bitch first, then our brother, then the bastard who calls himself king. The rest of them you can kill in any order you see fit," She paused, giving the man a stern look, "But under no circumstances will you harm Annalys. Bring her to me. Alive."

"Come, Ser Gregor," Cersei encouraged the man, on the verge of walking away, "It's time we meet with our guests and reunite with my daughter."

With that, Cersei walked out of the room, Qyburn and Ser Gregor following soon after. Jaime stood in place for a moment, worried about what would happen next, especially when it came to his daughter.