87

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 87. You Mustn't Doubt Yourself

   Soon enough, the wights succeeded in their plan, creating a path with the bodies of the deceased wights that allowed the rest of them to get over the flames without dying

"Man the walls!" She commanded loudly, quickly taking an arrow from the quiver on her back before preparing to shoot, "Man the walls! Now! Now! Come on!"

Annalys watched as numerous soldiers rushed up the stairs and onto the top of the wall. Annalys picked up an arrow from her quiver. She nocked the arrow, pointing it directly at one of the wights before releasing it. Over and over, she continued to shoot as many wights as quick as she could alongside the rest of the archers, most of them being wildlings since they were the only ones who had a perfect aim, just as Annalys did.

Annalys attempted to shoot as many wights as she could, which was pretty hard since they were so many of them. Too many to shoot them all.

Just then, hundreds of wights reached the walls of Winterfell, beginning to attempt to climb up, "They're against the wall!" She heard a man shouted, stating the obvious, much to her annoyance, "Get the barrels, get the barrels!"

Annalys grunted, pulling the bowstring back for what felt like the hundredth time before she shot yet another wight, "We need more men up here!" She shouted to the people down in the courtyard, "Like, now!"

Soon enough, men began to run onto the wall, one of them being Brienne, who looked to be wounded. Blood covered her face and she seemed to have been limping. Annalys could only see her from the corner of her eyes, seeing as though she tried her best to keep her eyes locked on the wights and nothing else.

She soon heard Jaime's voice close by on the wall, yelling to the men who arrived there to fill the empty gaps where men could join the archers in shooting the wights with arrows.

Jaime looked worriedly, seeing as though he hadn't seen his daughter in a while. He practically sighed in relief when he spotted her at one of the gaps in the wall, shooting arrows at the wights. Good. She was safe. For now, at least.

  Annalys stopped shooting arrows, realizing that the wights were too close to them now for them to attempt to shoot any arrows. She took a step back, looking toward the men just arriving, "Archers on top!" She ordered loudly, the man immediately climbing the second set of stairs and up toward the third level of Winterfell, "Move up! Go, go! All the way up, archers! Men on the wall, throw down the barrels, along with the torches!"

  Annalys walked past Jaime, who was quick to speak up, "Stay on top with the archers. Command them. Brienne and I can handle manning the wall and the barrels of oils," He explained and Annalys nodded, exchanging one last look with her father before heading up to the next level above her alongside the archers.