20

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 20. You're My Queen

   In the chambers at the castle they were staying at, Annalys and Robb laid in bed together

In the chambers at the castle they were staying at, Annalys and Robb laid in bed together. It was morning time and the sun shined through the uncovered windows. Annalys woke up to find herself laying on Robb's unclothed chest. She smiled, tilting her head upwards to find Robb smiling down at her, "How long have you been awake?" She asked, her voice raspy since she ha just woken up.

"Not long," Robb responded in a calm tone, continuing to smile, "Long enough to know you snore, though."

Annalys scoffed loudly. She lifted her head up, giving Robb a look of disbelief, "I do not snore!" She argued, an offended look on her face.

"Yes, you do," Robb retorted, beginning to laugh at the look on his wife's face, "Same as you did when we were children."

Annalys sighed, remembering her time in Winterfell when she was younger. During the Greyjoy Rebellion, she had stayed in Winterfell after a threat was made against her. She was six at the time and stayed until her ninth name day, when her mother insisted on her coming home since the rebellion was officially over.

"Ah, yes, when we were children," Annalys remarked, a smile forming on her face, "I remember my time in Winterfell as if it were yesterday. You, Jon, and I were the best of friends. Sansa didn't like me much, though."

"That is because you always ditched her to hang out with Jon and I," He pointed out to Annalys, who playfully rolled her eyes at him, "My mother wasn't happy about that. She didn't like the idea of you spending all your time outside playing with boys."

"More so she didn't like the idea of me spending time with Jon," Annalys corrected, an almost saddened look on her face, "It must have been hard for him growing up. I couldn't imagine."

Robb sighed, nodding his head in agreement, "Tell me about it. I had to watch him endure my mother's hatred." He agreed with her, the two of them becoming quiet as they began to think about Jon. Who knows what was happening to him now.

____

Later on that day, Robb, Annalys, Catelyn, Brynden, Edmure sat at a large around with Black Walder and Lothar Frey, "Thank you for riding here so quickly, my lords," Annalys thanked the two Frey men, "We know travel isn't easy in these times."

"The roads are crawling with cutthroats and bandits. But when the King of the North summons us, we come," Black Walder explained, but seemed to be speaking in a mocking tone.

"Our father has instructed us to tell you that his alliance with the North can continue if his terms are met. Lord Frey requires a formal apology for your violation of your sacred oath to marry one of his daughters," Lothar Frey explained as he turned to glance as Annalys.