90

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 90. The Dawn of Realization

   When Jaime had claimed he wasn't leaving Annalys' side, the woman thought her father was being dramatic

When Jaime had claimed he wasn't leaving Annalys' side, the woman thought her father was being dramatic. However, it turned out, he was right. In Winterfell's Great Hall, the victory feast was somber and quiet. It took everything in Annalys to finally convince Jaime to leave her be for the time being. Jaime didn't end up agreeing until Tyrion convinced him to go with Brienne, clearly noticing there was something going on there as Annalys did.

Jaime feared that he would lose Annalys, even after the Great War and her resurrection, which led him to being up her ass twenty-four seven. Annalys hated it.

  Now, she knew exactly how her mother felt. It annoyed her, but she hadn't realized what Jaime felt when he thought he lost Annalys. She was his daughter. His first child. Her entire life, he was able to be a father to her in secret, unlike the rest of her siblings. He had practically raised Annalys, seeing as though she was frequently tossed to the side while everyone doted on Joffrey, the literal spawn of satan.

  He was there for her more than anyone else. He taught her to fight, to become everything he wished himself to be. They were each other's best friend, without a doubt. When he found her that night, lying dead in the snow, he completely broke. He never knew how Cersei felt as she lost her other children. After all, they may have been his blood, but he was never a father to them.

When he lost Annalys, he finally felt what Cersei felt. Perhaps he felt even more, since he had been the one to find Annalys' body. He had only been in the North for her. He nearly lost her and now she was alive once more, but clearly not the same person she once was. She did a good job showing everyone else that she was fine, but Jaime could tell the difference. He knew her better than anyone in the North ever could.

  Annalys sat with Jon, Bran, Daenerys, Sansa, and Tyrion at the head table, watching everyone. Annalys turned to look at Daenerys, who stared ahead blankly, clearly deeply affected by Jorah's death. She didn't know Annalys had died the night before. The only people who did were Jon, Ser Davos, Jaime, Arya, Sansa, and Tormund. Not even Tyrion knew. He had left the room before the news was shared.

Just then, Gendry stood up, getting ready to leave. He was about to walk past the head table when Daenerys spoke up, "Gendry," She called out, causing Gendry to stop walking and turn to his queen, "That's right, isn't it?"

Gendry nodded his head slightly, approaching where Daenerys sat at the head table, "Yes, Your Grace," He replied politely, but seemed confused as to why the queen was speaking to him directly.

"You're Robert Baratheon's son," She stated, causing Annalys to tense up. Annalys turned her head to see Jon and Ser Davos giving her a disappointed look. After all, she was the only one who could have told Daenerys. And of course, she did. While she was drunk, as expected.