35

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 35. Mercy

288 ACFourteen years before

288 AC
Fourteen years before

Robb and Jon fought with their sparring swords, both of them holding a shield in their non-dominant hand as they fought.

Jon continued to slash at Robb until Robb was finally knocked to the ground. Robb stared up at Jon, looking almost annoyed that his half brother had bested him in sparring yet again. Jon walked closer to Robb, holding his hand out.

Robb sighed, grabbing Jon's hand before he helped his half brother stand back up, "Keep your shield up next time. Now, let's practice with archery," Ser Rodrick, who stood near them, instructed, clearly wanting to help Robb practice with weaponry.

Jon had always been better at such things, but it didn't mean he didn't want Robb to be just as good, which led him to helping him practice.

Robb lifted his bow, beginning to aim it at the target several feet in front of him. As he got ready to release the arrow, he and Jon were soon distracted when Annalys entered through the gates of Winterfell on a horse. Her golden hair that we're formerly styled into braids were now messed up and frizzed from the wind, but she continued to ride around on her horse, clearly trying to show off.

Robb groaned, rolling his eyes at Annalys, "Stop showing off!" He complained and Annalys continued to smile, circling around them on her white horse.

Annalys continued to circle around them, clearly trying to annoy them, which both boys noticed. They both shared a look, smiling, "Annalys!" Jon whined, clearly wanting her to stop playing around and get off the horse.

Ned Stark, who was watching the scene occur, walked over with his wife, Catelyn, both of them smiling. Ned looked down at Annalys, nodding his head in encouragement to get off the horse.

Annalys sighed in defeat before finally climbing off the horse. She handed the horse over to one of the stable boys, just before she walked over to where Jon and Robb were practicing archery.

Ned and Catelyn moved closer as well, watching their eldest son closely. Robb lifted the bow up, notching the arrow before drawing the bowstring back.

While the group was distracted, Annalys walked over to another bow that was lying around and picked it up, getting ready to use it if Robb were to fail, which, sadly, she knew he would.

When Robb missed, both Jon and Annalys laughed loudly while Robb looked down ashamed. Ned noticed the boy's reaction and was quick to speak up, "As I recall, neither of you are marksmen at seven, correct?" He pointed out, causing them both to shut up.

All three of them were seven years old. Annalys had been staying at Winterfell for a year now and had gotten close to both boys, since they were closer to her in age. There was also Sansa, but Annalys didn't enjoy her company. Sansa was merely four and already too girly for Annalys' taste.

LION AMONG WOLVES | GAME OF THRONESOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara