54

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 54. Smalljon Umber

   Annalys attempted to wipe the blood and dirt covering her face with the back of her hand, but found herself unable to

Annalys attempted to wipe the blood and dirt covering her face with the back of her hand, but found herself unable to. She turned her head to see a man apart of the Bolton army about to attack one of her men.

She rushed over, grabbing him by the arm he held his sword with before she ran Lady's Wrath through his stomach. Another man grabbed onto her arm, leading to her whipping herself around. She grabbed the man by the collar of his shirt, just before she headbutted him. Blood gushed from his nose and without hesitation, she slashed him across the face with Lady's Wrath.

Annalys yelled out, allowing the man to fall to the ground. She walked forward, yet another man attempting to attack her. He attempted to swing his sword at her, but Annalys quickly backed up, avoiding the hit. Before she could attempt to kill him, he was ran over by a man on horseback.

Annalys heaved for breath, glancing around worriedly for any sign of Jon. She shouldn't have been worrying about him at that moment, but she couldn't help herself. Where the hell was he? Why couldn't she find him?

She couldn't help but think about the fact that there was a chance he was dead. At the thought, Annalys didn't even become saddened, but became angered and filled with fury instead. She was furious that the son of the man who killed her husband dared to wage war on them.

She yelled out in anger, running her sword through a man trying to crawl away from where she stood. She stabbed him again, blood beginning to splatter on her face.

As Annalys turned to attack another man, arrows began to fly down from the sky at once, causing her to duck on the ground. With the arrows killing numerous men at the same time, Annalys' path away from the scene was blocked by the piles of dead bodies surrounding her.

While she was distracted, a man ran toward her, about to attack her. She was lifting up her sword when another man grabbed onto her from the back, clearly trying to hold her back as the other man killed her.

As he continued to hold onto her, Annalys screamed out, lifting up her feet. She kicked the man in front of her in the chest at full force, causing him to fall back.

Annalys gripped onto the arms wrapped around her, just before she bent forward and flipped the man over. Annalys lifted her sword, driving it through the man's throat as he laid on the ground.

Arrows came down once again, causing Annalys to try her best to avoid getting hit. Her eyes widened, two arrows missing her by just a few inches. Every few seconds, it seemed as though more arrows were flying down and killing men from both sides of the battle.

Ramsay didn't care if his arrows killed his own men, he only cared about whether or not it killed Annalys' men in the process.

Many continued to run toward Annalys to attack her, but she repeatedly killed every last one of them like it was nothing.