56

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 56. Second Time's the Charm

 Days later, Winterfell seemed to finally be going back to normal and Annalys ended up being the one to call forth a meeting with all of the Lords in the North

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Days later, Winterfell seemed to finally be going back to normal and Annalys ended up being the one to call forth a meeting with all of the Lords in the North. Annalys, Jon, and Sansa sat at the head table in the front of the dining hall while the lords and ladies sat in the tables nearby alongside Tormund, Ser Davos, and numerous wildlings.

Annalys found herself in deep thought, still thinking back to the Battle of the Bastards and the person she found herself becoming.

"You can't expect Knights of the Vale to side with wildling invaders," One of the Knights of the Vale spoke up, standing from his seat.

"We didn't invade," Tormund argued from where he sat near the man who was speaking before him alongside many other wildlings, "We were invited."

"Not by me," Yohn argued, sitting back down in his seat.

"The free folk, the northerners, and the Knights of the Vale fought bravely, fought together, and we won," Jon spoke up, causing all of the men in the room to turn to him and Annalys as he stood up, "My father used to say we find our true friends on the battlefield."

Annalys turned her head, watching as one of the houses' representatives, Lord Cerwyn, stood up, "The Boltons are defeated. The war is over. Winter has come. If the maesters are right, it'll be the coldest one in a thousand years. We should ride home and wait out the coming storms." He explained, only to have Annalys to stand up.

"The war is not over, My Lord. And I assure you, the true enemy won't wait out the storm. He brings the storm with him," She informed the men, who began to murmur amongst themselves.

The Wildlings began to nod their heads in agreement, seeing as though they had seen the White Walkers firsthand. The rest of the North, however, seemed beyond confused by Annalys' statement.

Lyanna Mormont was glancing around, waiting for the men to shut up. She turned her head, only to see the look on Annalys' face. The woman clearly had no idea what to do. It was different than the last time she led men into battle. Nobody knew their enemy this time and she wasn't the same person who led the armies of the North alongside Robb three years before. Technically, she was no longer their queen. Lyanna knew for a fact she was going to do everything within her power to restore Annalys to her former glory.

Not being able to take it any longer, Lyanna stood up, causing Annalys to turn to her with wide eyes, "Your son was butchered at the Red Wedding, Lord Manderly," She spoke up, pointing toward one of the men as the entire dining hall went silent, "But you refused the call. You swore allegiance to House Stark, Lord Glover, but in their hour of greatest need, you refused the call," Lyanna called each of the men out on their mistakes one by one, causing Annalys and Jon to exchange a shocked look, "And you, Lord Cerwyn, your father was skinned alive by Ramsay Bolton. Still, you refuse the call. But House Mormont remembers. The North remembers. We know no ruler, but the King and Queen in the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. And I don't care if she's widowed, she fought for us harder than anyone and nearly died for the North more times than any of us can count. He's my king and she's my queen from this day until their last days."