4

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 04. Broken Hearts

 Jon knew he had to tell Annalys the heartbreaking news

Jon knew he had to tell Annalys the heartbreaking news. He just had no clue whatsoever on how to break it to her. She would hate him forever and that was the last thing he wanted. But he couldn't keep it from her that he was about to join the Night's Watch.

Jon walked through the halls of Winterfell until he finally found the blonde princess standing near the door of the library. Once seeing the man, Annalys turned to him, a somewhat concerned look on her face when she noticed his expression, "What is it? What's wrong?" She asked him in concern.

"There's something I need to tell you," He informed her, letting out a sigh.

He paused, finding himself unable to speak the words. Annalys' eyebrows raised, impatiently waiting for him to continue, "You look beautiful." He suddenly said, for the first time in his life finding himself unable to speak the truth.

Annalys frowned in confusion, raising a brow at him, "That's what you wanted to say?" She questioned him skeptically.

"Yes." Jon lied, nodding his head in confirmation.

Annalys smiled at Jon, giving Jon a look that told him that she didn't believe a word he was saying, "I don't believe you," She told him, causing Jon to sigh in defeat, "But it's alright. I can wait until you're ready to tell me the truth." She smiled at him, squeezing his arm affectionately before walking away.

_________

That night, wearing her nighttime clothes, Annalys walked up to Jon's chambers. She took a deep breath, just before knocking on the doors. She patiently waited for a moment, just before it was opened by Jon, who stood there shirtless.

"Annalys?" He said in confusion, his eyes wide at the sight of the princess.

"May I come in?" She questioned him curiously, a small smile on her face.

Jon nodded his head and stepped aside, allowing her to walk in. After she entered, Jon closed the door behind her. Once doing so, he stepped forward, cupping her face with his hands before kissing her passionately.

After a moment, Annalys could feel something was wrong and pulled away. She knew Jon was keeping something from her. She wanted to know what it was, but she also had the feeling that if she knew, all would go to shit.

  Annalys pulled away from kissing Jon, looking up at the young man. "There's something that I want." She told him quietly, staring intently into his eyes.

"What is it?" He asked her curiously.

Annalys leaned forward, her lips brushing against his ear as she whispered, "You."

After doing so, Annalys took a step away from him, untying her dress before allowing the thin material to fall to her feet. She stood in front of Jon, not feeling embarrassed or nervous regarding the fact that she was standing naked in front of a man for the first time ever. "Do you want me?" She questioned in a confident tone, not looking as nervous as Jon seemed to be.